ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Transmission and Distribution
Southern California Edison's (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution Organization (T&D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 15 million residents via SCE's 5 million customer accounts.
The Sr. Technical Specialist (Pole Loading Program) is responsible for supporting contractors with pole loading all 1.4 million SCE poles by helping to remove roadblocks with assistance in customer refusals, hard to access locations, found/missing poles, and data discrepancies such as mismatching structure numbers. The Sr. Technical Specialist will engage with multiple individuals and teams at various levels, interacting with peers and supervisors on a daily basis to complete assigned tasks. They will maintain strong working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, while advising and analyzing in order to provide direction and guidance. They will ensure work is scheduled and optimized so as to minimize costs and delays.
Typical Responsibilities Will Include:
* As a subject matter expert in pole loading and SPIDACalc, they may field verify and/or perform office reviews for high priority pole replacement calculation files.
* Having the technical skills to identify and be comfortable with reporting errors if found.
* Ability to recognize and report emergent field conditions (using CSS).
* Organizing work, making sound decisions, and developing and implementing strategies to execute work on time and in the most productive and cost efficient manner possible.
* Using SAP for notification review, structure record and measurement document (MDoc) information gathering, and data discrepancy research.
* Using several computer applications (e.g., SAP, eWorld, Google Earth Pro, Design Manager) and possible field visits, to interpret and make recommendations regarding found, missing, and/or mismatching structure records.
* Identifying ways to streamline assessment processes and procedures.
* Following prescribed courses of action or developing own course of action for unique issues; may provide technical support services to internal and external customers.
* Establishing and maintaining high standards of excellence, communicating frequently and openly, engaging others in the solution of system problems and responding professionally to personnel requirements.
* Taking initiative and accountability for the accuracy of information and for achieving results.
* Creating and maintaining a safety conscious work environment both internal and external (external will be accomplished by occasionally performing safety inspections of contractor's field techs and participating in the contractors' Quarterly Safety Meetings).
* Integrating work across different work groups, employing business and services that enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, managing risks appropriately, managing information, and providing exceptional service to internal and external customers.
* Effective decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.
* Strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Five years or more overall experience performing pole load calculations and performing planning-related functions.
* Two years or more experience researching SAP asset data.
* Two years of pole loading experience using SPIDACalc, 250 pole minimum.
* Experience using the following computer applications: Customer Service System (CSS), Design Manager (DM), SPIDAMin, SAP (for notification and structure record review), eWorld (FIM), Google Earth Pro, Microsoft Excel and Word.
* Must have valid drivers' license.
* Associate Degree in Engineering, Business, or Technical Discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* Demonstrated experience dealing with a variety of field conditions and customer issues.
* Demonstrated experience with analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
* Must be willing to travel throughout SCE territory using company vehicle (10-20% travel).
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
About Edison International
Edison International is a utility holding company which through its subsidiary Southern California Edison (SCE) distributes electricity in central, coastal, and southern California.