This position will be part of Digital innovation at Schwab, focused on improving the Retirement Journey for our clients. We will focus on driving client-centricity, reducing time to market & increasing efficiency. The model is insights-driven and focuses on rapid iterations to drive innovation and transformation. Ideal candidates enjoy fast-paced environments, thrive under ambiguity and embrace change passionately. The Retirement Journey is a unique opportunity to grow and transform our business through driving significant step-change in our time to market, building more integrated client-centric experiences, and enabling project success via cross-functional coordination and ownership.
What you're good at
We are looking for a highly experienced Automation QA Tester with Test Project Management and QA Lead experience. This role requires the individual to write automation code in Selenium WebDriver with Ruby for the corresponding ATDD. Responsibilities include the following:
* Implement test practices, standards and processes, troubleshoot test issues, record test results, track and prioritize defects, participate in product readiness and release decisions.
* Make sure the automation is constantly running and being analyzed, reporting on failure promptly.
* Be effective in participating at program, project and product related levels.
* Participate in technical governance and help negotiate overall product quality standards with development and business teams.
* Define and execute both the project and release level Test Strategies, Test Plans and Test Cases/Scripts which span across multiple, internal QA Product Teams.
* Coordinate test execution with external vendors, as applicable, according to Retail Web Trading standards.
* Work with the QA Manager to research, investigate, implement and train other QA Testing Resources in the areas of Agile Testing Practices, Test Driven Development, Testing Automation and managing Testing Metrics for publication to Upper Management.
* Accountable for project/product based testing efforts across multiple applications (including End to End Test efforts).
* Act as the escalation point for all testing related issues, provide the QA perspective, status reporting and escalate issues to responsible stakeholders, as well as insure standard, and consistent, QA processes are followed.
* Work with assigned Product Teams, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to compose and manage integrated project plans, testing schedules, metrics and provide project and release status updates to all levels of management.
* Coordinate with team members for testing activities, participating in Requirements Ambiguity, & Use Case / User Story Reviews, and conduct QA analysis & test support activities.
* Work cross-organizationally both within Schwab and with external vendors, both on and offshore to define environment requirements, identify QA-related tools, develop and execute QA process and testing best practices.
What you have
* 8+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance
* 6+ years of hands on experience in development, execution and maintenance of automated test scripts
* Prior Technical lead experience providing mentoring, code review, design support, etc.
* Hands-on coding experience in Ruby, Java, C# or any other Object oriented programming language
* Experience with Selenium WebDriver
* Experience with Agile Development Practices
* Good understanding of exploratory testing practices
* Good knowledge of new standard industry tools for logging bugs and managing test cases (ex. JIRA/MTM, Zephyr/HPQ)
* Hands-on experience with Web services virtualization
* Ability to perform Code Reviews
* Experience with scoping, sizing and overseeing multiple concurrent projects, assessing the appropriate level of risk-based testing, reviewing team deliverables and being the single point of contact for stakeholders
* Proven ability of working and leading multiple projects and releases, balancing time and effort for successful delivery
* Proven experience as a leader/trainer in a large, complex QA organization, with a demonstrated ability in leading a risk-based approach to software testing
* Proven experience driving innovative testing solutions within a complex, Enterprise Platform
* Experience working with resources in different geographical locations and offshore vendors
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar discipline preferred
* Acceptance test-driven development (ATDD) using the Gherkin language like Cucumber, JBehave, SpecFlow
* Understanding of CI/CD practices, lean methodologies
* Experience with Jenkins / Bamboo /GIT
* Financial/Trading services industry experience
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a bank and brokerage firm.