The Windows Mobile Connectivity Data and Intelligence team is looking for senior, skilled, customer-obsessed engineers to connect the Windows-powered devices of the future! Our team is responsible for the core Wi-Fi, Cellular, and other connectivity services of the Windows OS and intelligent edge. Come be a part of the team which enables devices to be always-connected and enables our customers achieve more.
Windows customers generate data at cloud-scale and our engineers create innovative tools and solutions for consuming this data to have impact. This role straddles both software engineering and data science. In our team you will get to leverage the latest in big data, machine learning, and AI to analyze and provide insights into customer experience to feed our engineering cycle..
The Windows Mobile Connectivity team depends on insights from data to identify problems in the field and drive the connectivity scenarios of the future. On this team, you'll become one with the customer via data and will help connect the next generation computing devices. Come and join us!
* BS or MS or PhD. in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or related field
* 5+ years of experience in software engineering or data analytics (cleaning, transforming, modeling, and visualizing data)
* Experience with data query languages such as SQL or Hive
* Experience with coding with an object-oriented language like C++/C#/Java
* Pattern recognition and statistical analysis skills
* Understanding of core computer science concepts
* Strong customer empathy, communication, technical leadership and influencing skill
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Define and implement a holistic data instrumentation and mining system for your scenario areas in support of long-term scenario success across Windows-as-a-service releases
* Learn the Windows codebase design and architecture surrounding your feature area to code new telemetry data points and monitoring strategies
* Provide data-driven measurements to support the release of Windows releases
* Provide data insights to inform and steer future product decision making
* Work cross-function and cross-team to make sure all our engineering activities are in support of One Microsoft
* Contribute ideas and code to the product or our data pipeline to improve engineering efficiency
* Mentor junior employees and embody the inclusive culture established at Microsoft
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.