The Developer Experience team within Azure's Platform, Infrastructure Engineering (PIE) group has a unique opportunity at the intersection of engineering productivity and community tools.
The goal of the Developer Experience team is to make it easy for engineers to do the right thing when creating or running services on Azure throughout the complete DevOps lifecycle. We aim to enable the entire Azure organization to make more informed service design & runtime decisions through collaboration, learning, insights, and streamlined experiences by fostering communities, building new capabilities, and reducing complexity. In support of this mission, our AE Core Components team is building an 'engineering hub' across the development lifecycle to improve the experience for our engineers.
We are looking for a passionate, talented, and innovative Program Manager with a strong customer & community building background to help build our Azure Engineering Hub. As a senior program manager in the Azure PIE team, you'll collaborate with partner teams and other development teams at Microsoft to enable new learning, insights, & InnerSource solutions to solve critical and complex Developer problems.
If you are seeking an iterative, fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, and apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world development challenges, this is your opportunity. Join us and be a part of an exciting team that is shaping the evolution of Azure Development.
* 6+ years of experience in Developer or Technical Program Manager roles
* BS/MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics
Experience writing content for a developer audience (blog posts, documentation)
Highly capable presenter to large groups
Excellent project management skills
Contributions to Open Source projects
Outstanding ability to collaborate with other teams
Proven track record shipping quality products on time
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
#PIEJobs #Azure #Cloud
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
"• Engage potential customers inside and outside Microsoft, and deeply understand their needs.
* Work with stakeholders at Microsoft to define or change Azure Engineering Hub features and products to address those needs.
* Work with the engineering team and other partners to define/deliver produce features and define the roadmap for subsequent releases across our first- and third-party customers. Learn from feedback, rinse, repeat. Go fast.
* Publish new features, design patterns, best practices, blogs, and best practices based on our evolving feature-set and integration with other Azure teams
* Represent the product vision and status to executives at Microsoft and with customers.
* Define and drive the metrics for success related to the overall program, and ensure we course correct as needed to improve our service.
* Design the tools and reports that will be used for the above.
* Measure progress and impact. Deliver executive reviews. Seek feedback. Feed into the above."
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.