This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is on a roll with products that both Enterprise and Consumer customers are able to relate to & love using. As a result, it's market-cap continues to grow beyond $1 Trillion. "Microsoft Teams" is the fastest growing product within Microsoft. If you are interested in being part of this goodness, then look no further than Microsoft Teams Core Engineering team. You will be building solutions that leverage bleeding edge technologies to deliver the next evolution in collaboration and teamwork, all while being part of a positive work environment.
The Deployment & Service Releases team provides leadership, direction and accountability for Teams Deployments/Service Releases. This entails working closely with other engineering teams to understand deployment & release requirements of a particular service & implementing best possible solution for that service to be deployed in a secure and compliant manner with telemetry. You are comfortable digging into Azure deployments, Azure DevOps pipelines, Azure automation methods, C#, Powershell, WindowsOS & Network to resolve issues.
* 3+ yrs of software development in C# (any other object oriented language is also ok)
* 2+ yrs of Powershell scripting experience
* 2+ yrs of Azure development experience (ARM templates, Function apps, CloudServices, ServiceFabric, Azure Monitor, Insights etc.)
* Strong Windows OS (2016) troubleshooting experience
* Good knowledge of basic networking fundamentals & troubleshooting tools
* Proven experience creating distributed systems tools of moderate to high complexity
* Ability to manage and deliver multiple project phases at the same time
* Strong analytical and problem solving and organizational skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and changing environment
* Leadership skills: Sound problem resolution, judgment,
* negotiating and decision-making skills
* Familiar with Agile/Scrum/Lean Methodology
This position requires verification of United States citizenship.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design, write and deliver software to optimize all aspects of deployments (Resources/Applications) 'infrastructure-as-code'
* Optimize service release by improving Azure DevOps release pipelines
* Influence and Collaborate across orgs to bring best practices, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems
* Drive services towards reliable/predictable deployments achieving better 'time-to-deploy' metrics for Services across MSTeams
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.