Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Senior Software Engineer in Test
Are you passionate about media experiences? Would you like to join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future? At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the best talent, including highly curious engineers and scientists for our Consumer Experience Group. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collaborative culture, meaningful projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test for Dolby, you will design, specify, craft and maintain test environments as well as design, write, execute, manage test sets and communicate the health of the project. You will be a critical member of a team that delivers extraordinary experiences to the world with next generation Dolby technologies.
* Conduct early project scoping, collaborating with research, marketing, and development partners.Set project timeframes and priorities
* Review proposed technologies, testability and test strategies.Apply knowledge and understanding of customer requirements.
* Independent test strategy planning, automated framework and test design, and execution.
* Resource estimation, effort distribution, progress tracking, risk assessment, and metrics reporting.
* Design, setup, configure and maintain software testing labs and environments.
* Utilize and adapt existing test automation tools, create new test tools when required.
* Report issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering team to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues/bugs.
* Manage continuous integration.
* Anticipate and mitigate test and project issues.
* Coach and develop junior engineers.
* Stay on top of current industry software testing tools and methodologies and make substantial contributions to the development and deployment of new test technologies, tools or methods.
* B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience.
* Minimum 4 years of experience in software testing, including creating and implementing comprehensive test plans.
* Professional experience with test automation, scripting and programming in Linux, Python, BASH, and C/C++.
* Experience testing in multiple software environments like Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.
* Excellent knowledge of and experience with current software testing industry tools and standard methodologies.
* Experience with cloud computing, AWS, Docker, Microservices. Setting up automatic jobs and configuring applications.
* Familiarity with standard bug reporting tools such as Jira, Bugzilla, or ClearQuest.
* Achieve results, meet deadlines, and adjust to quickly changing priorities in a dynamic engineering environment.
* Excellent oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills.
* Experience in Agile/Scrum software development.
* Experience with Pytest.
* Experience testing Dolby or similar products in the audio domain is a significant plus.
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
About Dolby Laboratories
Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (often shortened to Dolby Labs) is a company specializing in audio noise reduction and audio encoding/compression.