Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Machine Learning Research Engineer
Dolby's Applied AI team is looking for a Research Engineer to create and deploy audio and media technologies using machine learning. We are using machine learning to enable new applications and push the state of the art for existing applications. We are excited to discover and develop the new possibilities enabled by this technology. For a taste of what we have worked on, check out our work on voice conversion and speech coding .
* Work closely with researchers and other experts to refine and execute Dolby's technical strategy in artificial intelligence and machine learning.
* Use machine learning to create new solutions and enhance existing applications.
* Collaborate with researchers to combine domain knowledge with state-of-the-art machine learning techniques.
* Ph.D. or master's with 2 years of experience in Computer Science or similar
* Highly skilled in Python or a similar language and one or more popular deep learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe etc.)
* Interest in audio technologies. Proficiency in theory and application of digital signal processing techniques.
* Strong publication record, with at least one publication in a major machine learning conference (e.g. NIPS, ICLR, ICML, etc.)
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
About Dolby Laboratories
Dolby Laboratories is a company specializing in audio noise reduction and audio encoding/compression.