* US Citizenship required as the selected candidate will need a US Security Clearance day one of employment*
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the provider of AESA Radar Systems which provide the war fighter with the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. The Systems Engineering Integration and Test Center (SEIT) organization is seeking committed engineering leaders who are passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective solutions for the warfighter. This highly dynamic environment requires both speed and efficiency in addition to maintaining product quality, functionality and traceability. Applicants are expected to be self-motivated, detail oriented and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team through strong written and verbal communication skills.
The Cinnabar Program Chief Engineer will work closely with program management and lead the development and integration efforts and be responsible for the overall technical integrity, leadership and engineering execution across the Cinnabar Program. This leadership position requires a high degree of radar systems technical competency and creativity. Duties require the candidate be capable of leading development programs that include system requirements allocation, design completion and integration, system analysis, performance analysis, critical trade studies, statistical performance modeling and predictions and data analysis to ensure system compliance. The ideal candidate must be a proven and effective leader driving technical integrity in the engineering team's products and behaviors and lead identification and resolution of technical issues. The candidate must also be able to plan and integrate R&D technologies, capital, and technical roadmaps to pursue and expand business growth for this radar product line. The successful candidate must be effective at communicating and building trust with senior Raytheon leadership and customers in order to garner the necessary sponsorship and support. The Cinnabar Program CE reports to the Tactical Radar Systems Department Manager and is assigned to the S3 Program Area Chief Engineer.
This Cinnabar Chief Engineer role requires daily contact with multiple functions as well as customer counterparts. This individual will provide technical leadership, guidance and direct interfacing with customer organizations as well as working groups, contractors, and Raytheon personnel necessary to provide customers with system solutions to meet the customer needs including leadership and participation in customer and/or program technical review presentations and task progress status updates.
Responsibilities also include:
* Partner with IPTLs to ensure technical/engineering execution of the program
* Ensure engineering products (e.g., studies, designs, analyses, reports, etc.) meet objectives/expectations
* Ensure productive, positive, and genuine collaboration with customer(s)
* Establish and maintain a technical partnership with Program Manager(s)
* Primary technical interface with customer, teammate(s) and Raytheon management for the program
* Review and concur with engineering inputs for all program execution plans, IBRs, and EACs
* Partner with product area chief engineer (PACE) and centers to ensure appropriate engineering staff
* Charter technical reviews (SRRs, PDRs, CDRs, TIMs) and independent reviews (IRs) for gates
* Facilitate program technical risk management
* Lead tailoring, execution, maintenance, and improvement of program's engineering processes, as necessary
* Partner with IPTs to establish & report engineering metrics /TPMs and provide engineering-approved inputs for EACs and/or proposals, as needed
* Participate in the employee development process
* Minimum of 12 years engineering experience including Radar System development
* Knowledge of Radar Systems architecture, hardware, software and system integration
* Technical leadership of peer groups, and provides technical mentoring to programs as subject matter expert for RF radar systems
* Conduct critical design reviews, test readiness reviews, and test review boards
* Support the development and flow down of systems requirements, error budget trees, and performance modeling, simulation and analysis
* Demonstrated leadership experience in a fast paced development environment with a number of active programs with varying program and functional priorities
* Experience in program phases from capture through development to sustainment
* Experience in risk and opportunity analysis, tracking and mitigation
* Strong organization, coordination, planning, and team building skills
* US Citizen
* Current Secret clearance required - ability to obtain SAP/SAR
* EVMS certification
* Cost Account Manager experience
* Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) or Program Management experience
* Actively engages, drives change to achieve execution excellence and solve critical issues
* Top Secret clearance
* BS Degree in Engineering (preferably Systems, Electrical, Computer, or Software)
MS Degree in Engineering (preferably Systems, Electrical, Computer, or Software)
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 130551BR 130551 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.