Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) in Marlborough, MA is seeking an experienced systems engineering lead to oversee development, support, and maintenance at Raytheon's Perimeter Intrusion Detection System (PIDS) at Newark Liberty International Airport, LaGuardia Airport, John F. Kennedy Airport, and Teterboro Airport. The position requires the candidate be local to the airport sites and use John F. Kennedy Airport or LaGuardia Airport as home base.
The PIDS program is part of the Navigation, Weather, and Services (NWS) mission area within IIS and the PIDS program office is located in Marlborough, MA. NWS mission area provides satellite-based mission planning and data processing to support civil and military missions, specializing in the ground systems needed to launch, operate and plan satellite missions. NWS also provides modernized air traffic management with a focus on cyber-hardened avionics, GPS-guided precision landing, and enhanced weather planning. The PIDS program is part of the Highway Tolling Solutions sub-mission area.
This position is for a System Engineer who is part of a multi-disciplined engineering team across Newark Liberty International Airport, LaGuardia Airport, John F. Kennedy Airport, and Teterboro Airports. This position works under direction of lead system engineer in the execution of integration, test, and maintenance activities of the components within the PIDS system.
* 4+ Systems engineering experience - to include requirements analysis and development, large system design, system level integration, system testing (hands on), system integration, trouble shooting and testing;
* Multi-disciplinary engineer, knowledgeable in multiple key technology areas including: Networking, Cameras, Radar, Virtualized computing environment, UPS, Software testing
* Support airport site lead with incident analysis
* Provide hotline support as needed
* Prepare test plans, procedures, and test reports
* Conduct customer capability selloff testing
* Support site surveys to determine sensor and infrastructure placement of extra work projects
* Radar domain experience
* Cyber requirements experience
* DOORS experience
* Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience.
142256BR 142256 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
NY - New York
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.