At Raytheon, we aspire to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems supplier through world-class people and technology.
Raytheon SAS designs, develops, produces and supports a vast array of electro-optical/infrared sensors, active electronically scanned array/scanning radars, and various integrated systems solutions to provide customers with actionable information for strike, persistent surveillance, and special mission applications. These best-in-class systems perform detection, identification, tracking, targeting, navigation, weather, and situational awareness tasks from a variety of airborne platforms including maritime, littoral and overland patrol aircraft, unmanned aerial systems, and other tactical, attack and transport rotary and fixed wing aircraft. Raytheon radar products are deployed by every branch of the Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security, and several other government, commercial and international customers.
This position is for a Software Engineer with thorough knowledge of special test equipment software and production control software for factory systems. Previous Experience in Production and test software implements, especially in the RSS Product area would be a highly desired attribute for potential candidates. This Engineer will work with the production systems engineering team and other team technical leaders to understand options that impact quality, cost and schedule. A proven track record implementing software for Systems Integration Lab (SIL) and production environmental checkout is another key attribute.
The STE SW codebase includes C/C++, Java, Perl, Labview/Labwindows and a number of other technologies. Engineering candidates should have a history of learning new languages and adapting to new tools and environments.
Additional assignment duties include:
* Designing and implementing and directing the development of new production test software and scripts
* Assessment of verification requirements of the various tools used during testing.
* Effectively communicating technical knowledge regarding test and SIL control software development requirements when working with systems engineers and program team.
* Identifying, recommending and implementing risk mitigation activities to reduce cost, schedule and technical risks.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Clearance required within 1st year AND role requires access to US only data
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
* Minimum of 10 years' experience with test software development
* Experience programming in multiple modern programming languages including C/C++
* Experience with scripting languages
* Experience developing Real Time embedded software
* Software lifecycle experience including design, development, software integrations and system integration
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Experience of independently executing tasks with minimal direction
* Prior experience leading a team and coordinating tasks to meet schedule commitments
* Prior experience working closely with target hardware and lab support equipment
* Proven experience working with technically skilled teammates and customers
* Ability to obtain a Top Secret and Special Program Access Clearance
* Minimum Bachelors of Science degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
142061BR 142061 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
TX - Dallas
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.