The Electronic Warfare Systems (EWS) mission area focuses on equipping our customers with mission solutions to access and control the electromagnetic spectrum and providing our customers with the strategic advantage to operate unimpeded in the modern threat environment. EWS Team is looking for a Software Section Manager to help with the continued success of our products.
As a Software Section Manager, typical job functions include:
* Managing a mid-sized team (typically 10 -20 employees) consisting of experienced professionals and more junior employees with focus on technical excellence, execution & implementation.
* Leading, directing and reviewing the work of the team while respecting the team's members ability to exercise latitude and independence.
* Managing staffing, hiring, promotion and rewards within the team.
* Providing technical input to new products, processes and standards and ensuring that new approaches are implemented by the team.
* Communicating with external customers or vendors.
* Work with other disciplines in the creation of proposals by supplying software cost estimations and technical input.
* Practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of projects, including work scheduling, staffing, earn-value management, software cost estimation, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
* 10+ years of work related knowledge in software design, implementation, testing, and system integration.
* Knowledge of Agile/Lean development techniques.
* BS / BA from an ABET accredited university with a major in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or related field
* Software development experience with C, C++, or related languages
* US Citizenship and current SECRET Clearance are mandatory
* Experience spanning the design, implementation, testing, and integration of real-time embedded software
* Experience as a Software Project Lead, Product Owner or Scrum Master.
* Ability to solve technical problems through drawing from prior experience and analysis of issues.
* Ability to work with hardware and systems engineering to solve multi-disciple issues.
* Previous experience with UNIX, Linux, VxWorks, INTEGRITY, SYSBIOS, or other RTOS and associated IDEs and development tools.
* Experience leading teams and mentoring junior engineers.
* Knowledgeable in EWS or similar domains.
* Master of Science degree (M.S.) in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics or related field.
142981BR 142981 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
TX - Dallas
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.