The Sr. Manager of Software Development is responsible for several teams providing product vision, design, development, maintenance, support, and enhancement services for T-Mobile applications/systems that support critical business functions and may either be custom developed or a packaged solution requiring a combination of development and configuration.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadershipAs America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
* Skills and knowledge acquired through professional Development, Tech. Lead, and Management experience are required in each of the following areas: Project Management, Change Management, Release Management, Configuration Management, Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies, Quality Assurance and Testing, Requirements Gathering, and Systems Analysis and Design.
* Demonstrated ability to mentor technical management and technical professionals.
* Ability to organize several teams and focus on best practices, particularly regarding coding standards and quality assurance.
* Strong working knowledge of development life cycle management.
* Minimum 7 years experience developing large scale business systems applications.
* Minimum 8 years of management experience with programming staff including leadership, planning, and coordination of development work for 4 large projects.
* Minimum overall technology experience, 10 years.
* B.S. Computer Science or Management Information Systems Preferred
* BUILD STAFFING PLANS that ensure management and development teams are staffed with skill sets required to enhance existing systems as well as deliver new systems functionality required by the business.
* INTERVIEW AND HIRE high performing managers and technology and product specialists striving to improve T-Mobile bench strength and augmenting project teams with contract staff when required.
* WORKFLOW MANAGEMENT - Work with other management to understand project and business priorities and schedule work with development staff based on those priorities.
* PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT - Effectively lead teams providing appropriate direction and developmental feedback, conducting annual reviews and participating in compensation decisions.
* RECOMMEND NEW TECHNOLOGY DIRECTIONS in collaboration with Design and Enterprise Architecture team
* TRAINING AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT- Work with managers, technology and product specialists to build training and career development plans and work to ensure assignments with increasing levels of responsibility are given to management and individual contributors on team.
* BUDGET - Provide input for departmental budgets and work to manage operational and capital expenses in order to meet budget.
* RESOURCE ALLOCATION - Plan for and ensure that staff has tools/skills required to perform job functions (workstations, software, servers, disk space, training, etc.).
* Constantly improve the DEVELOPMENT PROCESSES, tools and methodologies used in the development groupResponsible for DELIVERY OF HIGH QUALITY products on time and within budget.
About T-Mobile US
T-Mobile is a global mobile telephone operator.