The Group Project Manager is responsible for leading all aspects of a project or multiple, small-scale projects. This includes project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality, communication and cost to manage the completion of work for a specific area. The PM controls the critical path, contingencies, scope changes and budget. The PM coordinates the day-to-day activities of the project team from original concept through final implementation and ensure that resources are used efficiently. The overall responsibility is to ensure that the project is delivered on time and within budget and that it meets or exceeds expectations.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
* Minimum 7+ years' industry experience as a program or product manager within a technology environment, with a progressive record of successful delivery of complex solutions, systems, or services.
* Experience across complex projects and areas of focus.
* Experience acting as a business leader that can interpret business goals and apply them.
* Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of business and technical leadership.
* Knowledge of new product development processes, go to market strategies, and product life cycle management.
* Awareness of general accounting practices, related to project management - including budgeting, invoicing, purchase orders, and accounts payable.
* Experience working in a technical industry.
* Experience working on projects in a wireless industry
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Project Management or combination of equivalent experience and education
* Master's/Advanced Degree Desired
* Certifications in focused areas such as project management, agile methodologies, product lifecycle processes, or any related industry certifications are desired.
* May require up to 15% of domestic overnight travel within the region, and occasional trips to other T-Mobile technology centers
Essential job duties which are crucial to the performance of the job. Think "Why does T-Mobile have this job? What's the value this role brings to T-Mobile?"
Assembles key players on the project team and nurtures internal working relationships across the enterprise which fosters the development of cross functional teamwork. Delegates project responsibilities and task interfaces, directs, motivates and manages the project work and resources involved within the project. Ensures timely activity, integration and productivity of technical support and administers efficient use of resources to meet requirements with clear identification of task completion. Question ambiguous responsibilities and manage conflicts to an early resolution and escalation of any unresolved issues. Plays a support role with technical solutions ensuring all groups' responsibilities are included, managing very closely with the technical leaders to ensure alignment.
Manages Project Management functional scope and schedule. Provides oversight of management and allocation of personnel and resources to projects. Resolves resource conflicts and priorities.
Is accountable for and directs others in creation of all project communications. Directs others in the facilitation of team and project meetings. Leads and develops definition and measurement of success metrics to objectively quantify project success. Ensures that project execution complies with approved methodology. Ensures that overall program in managed to strategic dates.
Identifies potential risks across a broad number of individual projects and programs and establishes communications and mitigations to address them. Communicates risks in clear business terms and technical terms and provides clear messaging and solution options at a senior leader and executive level in both planned and as hoc scenarios. Understands what is important to different stakeholders in the business and ensures that their interests are protected as well as the overall program objective through project planning and execution. Serves as a higher-level escalation point for project issues. Works with Director and above level peers to resolve cross-functional project issues.
Defines scopes of Programs. Incorporates strategic factors into Program/Project Scope and recommendations. Influences and manages the factors that create change and scope creep. Can manage and help others to understand the implications of change including legitimate scope shift.
Leads cross-functional or multi-team effort in defining budget requirements for a project or program, providing thought leadership into initial financial estimates for the business case. Drives business case generation with finance and the business owner. Plans, identifies and documents the project quality standards. Sets stakeholder and project team expectations and ensures that the deliverables align to business needs. Maintains accountability for the quality of deliverables. Proactively anticipates and mitigates issues that could hinder the quality or timing of the project/program. Communicates any gaps in design and sets realistic expectations on deliverables. Follows through and closes all of the defined exceptions.
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.