The Software Engineer designs and develops internal and external business systems/applications, new capabilities, systems interfaces, databases, reporting, or business intelligence systems, as required to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives. The Sr Engineer Software acts as the development and technical lead on moderately complex projects, contributes to strategic vision, technical decisions, participating in process improvements, completing proof of concept projects for introduction of changes to our architecture, and providing peer oversight on the work of other Software Engineers.As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comRequired Skills:
* 5+ years of experience with IAAS providers (AWS etc.) including setup and configuration
* 5+ years of experience in application development for Cloud platforms using technologies like ANGULAR, HTML5, CSS, Java/J2EE, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Micro Services, REST and others
* In-depth knowledge of core library development for a widely used programming language.
* Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and performance analysis.
* Experience working on Cassandra, Mango DB, MYSQL and Oracle.
* Experienced in building and launching client based light weight Web APPs.
* Solid understanding of API lifecycle management.
* Knowable in common Internet technologies and protocols viz. HTTP(s), SSL, OAuth, REST, JSON, XML etc.
* Experienced in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies
* Owns the development of one or many capabilities(s).
* Utilizes Planning and Leadership skills to oversee development deliverable as required to implement new systems capabilities.
* Acts as a strong advocate for a culture of quality.
Technology and Systems
* Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to independently develop a full software stack. Understands the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete software and automation work.
* Independent study of current technology is expected. Utilizes development skills to build software and unit test new customer experiences per technical specifications, with deliverables to include builds and releases.
* Ensures Continuous Integration and Build is in place.
* Maintains technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
* Translates business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications or User Stories.
* Communicates design, requirements, functionality, and limitations of systems/applications.
* Utilizes development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
* Identifies and creates/updates support documentation as needed by the DevOps function and drive, monitor and takes part in Peer Review to allow acceptance of system changes into production.
* Directs build and unit test production deployment packages.
* Facilitates/leads reviews (walkthroughs) or grooming sessions and demos of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
* Utilizes product lifecycle methodology as a guide for development activities.
* Provides on-call and after-hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide active resolution support on production outages.
* Contribute to and work to meet project schedules
Relationship and People Management:
* Performs peer reviews.
* Collaborates with architects and other Software Engineers on design.
* Collaborate with other Business and Technology partner teams on successful delivery of product enhancements and support. Employs a hands-on approach to lead the Development team, both by coding themselves and coaching and mentoring team members.
About T-Mobile US
T-Mobile is a global mobile telephone operator.