Raytheon Company Space and Airborne Systems business unit is seeking a highly motivated, Digital Design FPGA Lead Engineer to work on Electronic Warfare and Radio Communication products for defense applications. The position may be located at one of several Raytheon sites.
The candidate is responsible for leading a team developing FPGA level requirements derived from system level requirements, developing associated architectures, implementing VHDL design, performing VHDL or SystemVerilog simulation, synthesis, timing analysis, and testing of the FPGA in a laboratory setting. He/she will be familiar with latest technology trend in the area of FPGA VHDL design, VHDL or SystemVerilog verification, microprocessor, memory, and interface protocols. The candidate will work in the product development team environment with system, mechanical, and software engineers. This position may require occasional business related travel.
* Minimum 4 years of experience in digital hardware FPGA design and verification
* Experience with Mentor Graphics, Synopsys, or Cadence Simulation Tools
* Experience with Xilinx, Intel (Altera), Lattice, or Microsemi (Actel) FPGA Development tools
* Hands-on experience in testing of products using logic analyzer, high-speed oscilloscopes, signal generators, or FPGA debugging tools
* Experience with communications interfaces and bus standards (e.g. SPI, I2C, PCIe, UART, or Gb Ethernet)
* Knowledge of embedded processors and SoC development for FPGA devices
* Knowledge of FPGA design implementation with VHDL design language
* Strong team leader with good interpersonal skills as well as excellent written/verbal communication skills
* Strong understanding and experience with Configuration Management tools
* Clearance required within 1st year AND role requires access to US only data
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Designing for Defense Electronics
* Active or Current Security Clearance
* Military Service
* Knowledge of TCL, Perl, or Python for Scripting
* Digital Signal Processing Experience
* FPGA Development with Linux Operating System
* Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Technology, or Computer Engineering
* Master's Degree in related fields or technology is a plus.
140663BR 140663 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
CA - Fullerton
CA - Goleta
IN - Ft. Wayne
TX - Dallas
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.