Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) currently has an opening for a section manager in the Software Engineering Center (SWEC). As a SWEC section manager, the applicant will perform functional management tasks and be actively engaged in the technical and/or programmatic aspects of Special Access Programs in SAS. Section managers are responsible for providing engineering leadership to ensure that cost, schedule and technical performance comply with program needs and the SAS processes. Engineering leadership tasks include but not are not limited to such activities as ensuring adequate resources (personnel and assets) are dedicated to programs, providing technical guidance, developing career paths, facilitating alignment with engineering command media, leading productivity improvement and risk mitigation initiatives, perform other functional duties in support of the normal operations and providing cost estimates for proposal activities including basis of estimates. An active Secret clearance is required.
* C/C++ Programming, embedded software development experience
* Experience using and reporting EVMS
* 6+ years of experience in software development or equivalent experience
* Technical leadership experience to a small team of engineers
* Experience providing career development for team members
* Experience contributing technical work products throughout the entire software life cycle
* Experience evaluating performance of section members and ensure completion of required and suggested training
* Experience working independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Earned Value certified
* Active DOD Top Secret Clearance
* Previous functional management experience
* Experience working on Tactical Radar programs
Required Education: Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math and/or Science and/or STEM degree 140908BR 140908 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.