We are the Raytheon Space Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) center. We invite you to consider joining us in developing the next generation of space-based imaging systems. We would like to hear from you if your interests are in EO/IR optical or RF technology, sensor test, orbital mechanics, digital signal processing, space mission planning or any of the myriad of engineering disciplines that make space imaging a reality.
* Perform modeling and simulation of space systems missions and equipment * Develop architectures, requirements, test strategies, and verification plans * Provide overall technical definition of program activities, budgets, and schedules for complex sensor systems development, assembly, integration, and verification * Conduct test activities, such as verification of imaging performance, software, and environmental compatibility * Communicate status, results and recovery plans to senior management and engineering teams * Contribute to systems engineering reviews and engineering analysis of space systems * Support new business development efforts through participation in proposal generation *
* 4+ years experience in systems engineering, analysis, and/or verification * Demonstrated interest in systems engineering processes, including requirements definition, design, test planning, test execution, data analysis, and operations support * Multidisciplinary experience in the engineering design and/or test of optical and/or RF systems and associated special test equipment * Experience in preparing and delivering briefings to management and customers * Capable of effectively working in a team environment, often under tight deadlines * Demonstrated desire to successfully pursue new challenges, improve and broaden technical skills, seek greater responsibilities, and increase individual value to the organization * U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date. * Ability to access to US only data systems
* Experience in space systems engineering functions * Engineering experience with space imaging technology * Modeling and simulation of space systems * Experience in IV&V planning, test methodologies and test requirements development for space systems * Knowledge of environmental test methods * IPTL & EVMS experience * Ability to obtain a SSBI clearance
* BS in Engineering, Sciences, or Math
* MS in Engineering, Sciences, or Management
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
139278BR 139278 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.