Are you interested in joining a community of diverse, dynamic, professional engineers? Are you a Software Engineer who is looking for an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual and problem solving in a team setting? Our company is focused on achieving excellence through thought and teamwork while leveraging individual diversity. Our team makes a difference in protecting our military men and women both at home and overseas.
We have multiple opportunities for software engineers within the Naval Radar Software Department in Marlborough, Massachusetts. The Naval Radar Software Department mission is to provide world class Radar Software to be used in military systems deployed at sea and on land. Our software teams employ an Agile Scrum process to rapidly design, code, integrate and test capabilities on a continuous basis into a mature solution for our customers. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computing languages and platforms.
A work/life balance is an important value at Raytheon. Our 9/80 work schedule offers flexibility to help successfully balance the work/life commitments. Located on scenic Hagar Pond in Marlborough, our 168 acre facility has miles of nature trails, plus softball, basketball and volleyball courts to enjoy. It contains a large fitness center with full locker rooms, a dining center, research library and a fully staffed medical facility. Joining one of Raytheon's employee resource groups enables our engineers to focus on networking, new hire outreach, career development and community service.
These positions on the Radar Software Product Line (RSPL) teams support the development and integration of the four radar programs including AN/SPY-6 radar, also called Air & Missile Defense Radar (AMDR), and the Enterprise Air Surveillance Radar (EASR). The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, debugging and fixing problems with the Radar software applications, as well as supporting software integration and verification efforts. Our radar software applications are developed using C++ programming language running in a distributed fashion across a variety of computing platforms running Linux, UNIX or Windows operating systems.
The RSPL software is developed and delivered incrementally using Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing and continuous integration. The candidate will be an active participant on the Scrum team, performing development tasks independently. This successful candidate will employ their understanding of real-time software design to recognize the performance implications associated with specific detail implementations. The candidate will use the "big picture" view of the radar system to develop or review detail solutions at the source code level.
* 10 plus years' experience on all phases of Software Engineering including:
* 8 plus years' experience with C++
* 5 plus years' Linux or UNIX experience
* Experience developing software in a team based development environment, preferably Agile/SCRUM
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* This position will require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a clearance
* Existing secret clearance, or ability to obtain an interim clearance
* Experience in Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing and continuous integration
* Software development experience in a DoD environment
* Radar domain knowledge
* Software development experience of a Signal Processing application
* Experience in developing and optimizing algorithms for performance
* Strong software integration and problem solving abilities
* Self-starter and ability to lead development, integration and test activities
* Familiarity with the following Software Tools: Rational Rhapsody, Clear Case and Team Concert, Jenkins, DOORS
* Strong Object-Oriented Design Knowledge including UML
* Direct experience implementing complex signal processing algorithms in C++ meeting latency and throughput performance requirements or experience in implementing complex control operations in software with defined performance timelines
* Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering
Required Education (including Major):
* BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering or STEM related
KEYWORDS: C++, Linux, UNIX, OOD, UML, real-time software development, Agile, Scrum, Signal Processing
What's YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We're inspired by a noble mission that's shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America's Best Employers by visiting us online at .www.raytheon.com
Stay Connected: Don't miss out on what's happening at Raytheon.
Follow @Raytheon on TwitterFollow Raytheon on YouTube
* Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn
* Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram
* Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Raytheon: Why I Choose Raytheon
Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place
Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
* Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
136233 Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.