Would you like to be part of the new space movement? Are you a rock star engineer? Do you have the leadership gene? Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems is the place for you. In the last few years you might have seen in your social media feed amazingly beautiful images of the Earth from space in exquisite detail. Or perhaps images in the news forecasting the weather and reporting on natural disasters. Maybe you've even gazed at images from deep space wondering when humans will journey to the farthest reaches of the universe. Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems. Situated in sunny Southern California, a location rich in aerospace history, we have unparalleled heritage in advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security and civil space. We are actively seeking engineers to help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets. Are you up to the challenge? We're looking for you.
The Systems Engineer provides the full range of systems design, analysis, integration, and test-related activities in support of National Space Systems programs. Our portfolio of sensor products span the entire electromagnetic spectrum - from visible, infrared, to radio frequency.
* Development of system architectures, requirements, and concept of operations (CONOPS)
* Development of test strategies, test equipment (design, procurement, integration, test, and operations), verification plans, and test procedures
* Conducting test activities on hardware and software products, such as verification of functionality, performance, and environmental compatibility
* Data analysis of hardware under test or in operation
* Modeling and simulation of space missions, systems, subsystems, sensor physics and phenomenology
* Providing technical input on program activities, budgets, and schedules
* Communicating status, results and recovery plans to senior management
* Working in a cross-functional team environment
* Creating technical presentations to both internal and external customers
* Contributing to systems engineering reviews and engineering analysis of space systems
* Supporting new business development efforts through participation in proposal generation and customer outreach
* Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in systems engineering or related activity
* Demonstrated interest in systems engineering processes, including requirements definition, design, test planning, test execution, data analysis, and operations support
* Multidisciplinary experience in the engineering design and/or test of optical and/or RF systems and associated special test equipment
* Experience in preparing and delivering briefings to management and customers
* Demonstrated desire to successfully pursue new challenges, improve and broaden technical skills, seek greater responsibilities, and increase individual value to the organization
* U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of Day One of employment
* Active Secret and/or additional clearances
* Experience in space systems engineering functions
* Engineering experience with space imaging technology
* Modeling and simulation of space systems
* Experience in IV&V planning, test methodologies and test requirements development for space systems
* Knowledge of environmental test methods
* IPTL & EVMS experience
* Proficient in Matlab, Python, or related programming languages
* Technical publications and/or patents
* Active Top Secret clearance or SSBI
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Physics, Math, or related discipline; advanced degrees preferred
135145BR 135145 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.