Powerful Careers - Legendary Innovations. Raytheon offers a wealth of opportunities for your future and beyond. Bring your talent and skills to a company where challenging the status quo and innovative thinking is encouraged. Our recent college graduate and internship/co-op opportunities allow you to put your academic achievements to work. You'll be presented with opportunities that have an immediate impact on who we are and our presence in a global industry.
* diversity &
* community service
* 9 employee
* Glassdoor 2017 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
* Challenge Status Quo
* Communication Skills
* Eager to Learn
* Emotional Intelligence
* Leadership Traits
* Problem Solver
* Team Player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
It's fun. The work we do is exciting. The growth has been positive. The opportunities have been abundant. There's a lot of potential in the company, and I've experienced it firsthand.
- Alfonso Lopez, Engineer Trending
* Making the World a Safer Place
* Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Back to Job Navigation (Trending)
* 401(k) / Retirement Plans
Watch your financial wellness grow. Enrollment eligibility begins on your first day of work with an employer match up to 3%.
* Performance Recognition
Be recognized and recognize others with our new employee awards program. At Raytheon, we appreciate notable and exceptional performance.
* Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and receive every other Friday off*
* Requires departmental/manager approval; Interns/Co-ops in California may not be eligible to participate.
* Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year's Day.
* Educational Assistance
Our educational assistance program provides reimbursement for approved courses and accredited certificate/degree programs relevant to your position. Full-time employees are eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance each year.
* Relocation Assistance
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
* Parental Leave
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Back to Job Navigation (Rewards)
Raytheon Global Business Services (GBS) IT, Business Application Services (BAS) organization is a recognized leader in the delivery of application lifecycle services on behalf of Raytheon. BAS collaborates with our business and functional partners to drive business value through innovative solutions and services excellence. BAS supports the strategic direction of Raytheon through agile application delivery, the pursuit of emerging technologies, and by ensuring the reliability and compliance of mission critical applications.
The BAS organization has an opening for a Java Developer (Information Systems Technologist I). The purpose of this role is to provide technical leadership across multiple projects for a geographically disperse application development team. Responsibilities will include estimating future project scope, designing and documenting application architecture, sprint planning, conducting daily scrum meetings, and performing regular code reviews for guidelines and standards adherence.
The position engages individuals in challenging assignments that are focused on developing technical skills, business acumen, and leadership. This person will be responsible for implementing high quality, scalable, and extendable solutions for both the enterprise and individual business units. Application development projects align to enterprise strategies and are directly connected to meeting business objectives. This person will partner with functional managers to execute critical IT processes that enable business success and collaborate across multiple IT functions to provide high-impact solutions. Each member of the Application Development Team builds trusted relationships with their stakeholders through collaboration, effective communication, and partnering skills.
US Citizenship Required: This position requires access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US citizenship.
* Code, test, and implement code solutions for internal customers
* Interpret requirements into software architecture and design
* Design, develop and code software sufficient to meet the requirements of one or more components or systems
* Perform integration, test and documentation duties to ensure proper operation of hardware and software platforms
* Integrate a wide variety of applications from various sources; integrate and ensure they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization
* Adhere to accepted standards and processes for development, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code overage; participating in code peer reviews, conducting design reviews, and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code
* Escalate project challenges and communicate risks and opportunities to leadership
* Participate in brainstorming discussions and suggest ideas as opportunities arise
* Provide inputs to application architecture
* Participate in regular code reviews
Location: Richardson, TX
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
* Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or Mathematics or related technical field by May 2019 or have obtained a degree 18 months prior to start date.
* Problem-solving skills and proven record of working well in a team environment
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
* Strong understanding of application management and release methodologies
* Ability to clearly document and diagram technical systems
* Experience working with diverse workforces, contractors and suppliers
* Understanding of application controls and compliance
* Ability to translate Business and Function demands to technical requirements and tasks
* Excellent communication skills
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
* Java development experience
* Knowledge of CS fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures
* Technical expertise across Java and Spring (or SP.NET MVC, and C), RESTful web services
* Solid understanding/experience with Test-Driven development (Junit, Mockito)
* Experience in agile application development methodologies and scrum processes
* Experience with Jira (or similar collaboration/planning tools)
* Understand/experience with standards based DevOps CI/CD tools, such as Maven, Jenkins, Artifactory and Gradle
* Experience developing and deploying applications to Amazon GovCloud, or Microsoft Azure for Government
* Experience developing cloud native applications
* Current on technology trends and contributes to knowledge capital
* Experience with RESTful services
* Experience using JDBC to connect to relational databases (programmatic & command line)
* Experience developing and deploying distributed cloud-based applications
* Development, inspection, and manipulation of XML, XSDs and WSDLs
* Experience with automated testing, build automation and dependency management tools
* Experience coding applications interfacing with MySQL, Postgres and MongoDB databases
* Strong Customer & Service Focus
* Highly self-motivated, directed and improvement oriented
* Build relationships with non-technical people
* Effective communicator able to influence alignment
* Proven track record of achieving valued results
* Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to constructively debate, dialogue, negotiate, influence and work with others collaboratively
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.