This position is for an FPGA designer/Verification engineer to work in the Electronics Center for the Raytheon's Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) Business Unit.
The person hired for this position will work on new product development based on descriptions and specifications provided by our customers. This entails working in integrated product teams to design, develop, and manufacture complex state-of-the-art systems for space systems. Activities include detailed digital design with embedded real-time processors and FPGA components. Specific tasks include circuit analysis, circuit simulation, design documentation, construction of breadboards, design verification and testing, and integration of hardware and software at the level of the electronic components and circuit boards.
* At least 4 years of professional work experience in industry
* Electrical Engineer with experience with an emphasis on digital design, including FPGA development and circuit design
* Experience with industry standard EDA tools for electrical engineering as well as EE lab equipment
* Clearance required within 1st year AND role requires access to US only data
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Familiarity with Xilinx and Microsemi development tools (VHDL/Verilog, Synthesis, Place & Route, Timing Analysis)
* Experience of sub-system and system level integration, validation and debugging
* Experience with ADC and DAC interface
* Experience with high speed serial protocols (SRIO, PCI Express)
* Knowledge in implementation of DSP algorithms in FPGA (MATLAB/Simulink)
* Experience with design architecture and design specification generation
* Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
* Desired Education:
Advanced degrees in related fields or technology a plus
140255 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.