The Tactical Communications Systems Department within the Space and Airborne Systems Center is a primary source of Tactical Networking solutions to the USAF, US Army, and international customers. This team, based in Fullerton, California, is responsible for the Architecture, Specification, Development and Analysis of Mission Critical communications equipment for multiple platform types. Some aspects of this work are classified.
The System Engineering group's activities include; 1) architecture and requirements development, 2) performing analyses of signals in space, receivers, transmitters, and processing elements, 3) developing simulations and analyzing the performance/impact of fielded equipment, 4) managing the technical baseline and 5) ensuring all requirements are met. The site supports a variety of communications systems programs including SATCOM, line-of-sight (LOS), beyond line-of sight (BLOS) and MANET networking for ground based, shipboard, and airborne platforms.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior Principal Systems Engineer that may take the role of Section Manager. Along with personal contribution, responsibilities of this position include providing technical oversight and direction to the system engineers working a variety of tasks in this mission area.
The engineers on this team are responsible for integrating, testing and qualification of Tactical Networks products, systems, and services. The product area is military grade airborne and ground communications and data links. This may become a supervisory role with focus on leadership, technical expertise, and performance. Goals and objectives are set long term. This position holds the responsibility for developing the specific course of action for meeting those goals.
* A minimum of 10 years of experience in product development, specifically in the specification and realization of complex electronic military hardware and software.
* Proven experience in providing guidance highly technical employees.
* Experience in execution of a disciplined engineering processes, scope management, people development, and risk and opportunity management.
* Experience in proposal development, particularly Engineering Change Proposal and Basis of Estimate development, and other contract deliverable artifacts.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
* Knowledge or experience with military networks.
* Working knowledge of UHF communication systems or products.
* Experience in using System Engineering Tools (DOORS, Rhapsody, Simulink, Matlab).
* Working experience with Information Assurance.
* Working experience with the development of Military equipment.
* Past experience with production and sustainment programs.
* Past experience with EVMS, IMS, & IMP tools for managing programs.
* Knowledge of Raytheon IPDS and Raytheon gating process.
* Active Secret Clearance.
* This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or a related science
Master's degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or a related science
136854BR 136854 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - Fullerton
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.