As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
As part of the Partners Enterprise Data and Digital Health (EDDH) initiative, we are creating a rich Innovation Environment to enable innovators to develop/prototype their solutions, and to facilitate the transition from prototype and POC, to pilot and full deployment. The environment includes Epic INV as the main component, as well as other components to support innovations within Epic, centered around Epic, and outside Epic. The Innovation environment is the combination of a set of components and the support service for their use.
The solutions architect will provide technical design and solutions for the Innovation Environment. S/he will work with teams to expand the Epic INV environment to include a rich set of test patient data and deidentified patient data, MyChart and other Epic components, to enhance the API access management, and to expand the enterprise SMART portal (ESP) for mobile devices; the solutions architect will work with various teams in leveraging the environment and services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Epic INV Environment projects:
o Identify components for the Epic INV environment, specify technical requirements and solutions.
o Research and design a solution for creating test patient.
Identify and design solutions for de-identifying patient data
o Drive the implementation of solutions
* Enterprise Smart Portal (ESP) projects:
o Identify and design solutions for ESP to manage and launch SMART/FHIR applications
o Design ESP native mobile application technical solution
o Drive the development of the application software.
* Promote and support the use of the Innovation Environment
* Adhere to Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values focus on Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; plus, how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
* Support related PHS initiatives as needed
* Participated in production support in a rotation as a member of the team
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree required
* 10 years of experience in IT is required
* 5 years software development required
* 3 years in IT solutions design required
* Experience in modern software development life cycle management required
* Exposure to Cloud platform solutions
* Experience in API management and gateways.
* Experience in security solutions
* Strong skills in PowerPoint, Visio or other comparable tools
Skills, Abilities, Competencies
* Motivated and energetic
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to excel in a matrixed work environment and respond to competing priorities
* Work both as team player and individual contributor
* Ability to collaborate with teams across the organization
Located at Assembly Row (AR) in Somerville.
Office setting, with some travel between Partners Healthcare System sites.
May require travel to Verona, Wisconsin for Epic training.
The incumbent will have no direct reports.
The incumbent will have no direct fiscal responsibility.
About Partners Healthcare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.