As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
The Development, Project Manager will coordinate and manage all projects for the PHS Development Office and lead project management functions for both technical and business oriented projects. This position will work closely with all members of the PHS Development office to help define, document, track and communicate all tasks and deliverables for projects being run through the office. Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, engaging with all staff at all levels, identifying, documenting and organizing projects tasks, tracking and communicating timelines and due dates for tasks, managing expectations throughout the life cycle of projects, coordinating an office wide master project calendar, and work closely with all staff to keep everyone up to date on To Dos as well as project milestones and deliveries. This resource will be called on to provide strong and proven communication skills, perform project management on all types of projects, work well with all staff, understand project coordination, management and tracking as well provide an understanding of the technologies needed to manage projects and communicate statuses.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Create, organize, monitor and maintain plans for PHS Development Office projects.
* Responsible for all project communications and documentation around meeting agendas, minutes, decisions, action items, etc.
* Maintain a unified project plan, coordinating resources, action items and due dates for departmental projects.
* Create, organize, monitor and maintain PHS Development Office staff schedules across all projects, and identify, communicate and facilitate resolutions of inter-team dependencies and competing priorities.
* Work collaboratively with PHS Development Office to help and guide project teams to establish and implement strong project management standards to control and communicate timelines, plans, designs, development work, deliverables, milestones and project rollouts
* Responsible for working with admin staff to schedule project meetings and set up collaboration tools to bring project teams together to coordinate and communicate project tasks and statuses
* Work with project teams to coordinate outside third party resources as needed for project tasks and deliverables by defining tasks, hour estimates, scheduling as well as any fixed and variable drivers to integrate these resources with our projects and to track availability and costs
* Working with all project team members, drive and manage identification and tracking of project issues and risk mitigation strategies. Help facilitate and monitor resolution of project issues, escalating them to the appropriate decision makers
* Coordinate and facilitate executive oversight meetings for projects on regular basis
* Develop and facilitate all scope changes through an organized and documented project management scope change process, that includes documenting all changes and communicating impact with all stakeholders
* Produce and provide project teams with post-project status reports and lessons learned
* Monitor adherence to budgeted hours and other resourcing constraints as applicable
* Responsible for other special projects and organizational tasks as assigned by Development Office Leadership • Bachelor's or Master's degree in business, project management or technology preferred
* 5 years' experience in project management, preferably within the business and/or technology area
* Demonstrated ability to produce quality work on a consistent basis
* Demonstrated self-starter with an ability to manage assigned responsibilities with limited management input
* Experience working on both agile and waterfall development projects is preferred
* Must have experience working with large teams, driving conversations and decisions across multiple workstreams
* Demonstrated experience with and understanding of the fundraising business is preferred
* Must have strong communication and documentation skills
* Must be detail-oriented with strong troubleshooting skills
* Must have the ability to work productively in a mission critical team environment
* Proven ability to execute multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
* A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements
* Understanding of project/program management disciplines and tools, and the skills necessary to apply them
* Ability to document and communicate the status of progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
* Excellent attention to details
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook) required
* Proficiency in Microsoft Project and/or other project management tool required
* Able to craft effective communication strategies, suitable for any level of the organization, motivating and influencing as applicable
* Able to assess and effectively respond to various communication styles; understand varying/conflicting points of view; and predict the needs and motivations of other parties
* Able to establish and foster a positive work environment, build constructive relationships, and proactively identify and mitigate conflict
* Ability to remain flexible and adaptable within a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing requirements
* Ability to handle multiple projects and streams of work at the same time
* Proven ability to deal with change, balance different constituent interests and work effectively with a culturally diverse community
* Demonstrated ability to make decisions based on analysis of information, sound judgment and assessment of impact on organizational resources
* Aptitude for learning and understanding new technologies
* Ability to quickly evolve and adapt to new skills and changes to technical environment
* Office environment requiring business casual to professional attire based on daily situations
* Will require some travel to and from PHS affiliate offices
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.