Partners Data Systems
Job ID R90097 Date posted Feb. 07, 2019
Software Senior Principal Engineer - IoT OS Software Engineering
Location: Austin, TX
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company - we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can't wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Software Senior Principal Engineer on our Product Engineering team in Austin, TX
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation software application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics - all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
* Deliver IoT OS/Driver/Applications solutions for multiple platforms
* Work with OS vendor, Linux, to plan and deliver integrated solutions to enable our platforms
* Work with internal cross-functional teams including Engineering, Marketing, Procurement, Program Management, Services, etc.
* Drive end-to-end pieces of the Operating System/Software development to support platform enablement
* Drive internal and external teams to provide necessary solutions
* Provide engineering troubleshooting to isolate and provide root cause to OS issues.
* Participate in various system software projects including OS kernel, firmware, audio, video, graphics, performance, camera, input and factory manufacturing solutions.
* Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and enhance new products and features using your technical expertise.
* BS or Master degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience in C/C++ programming.
* Experience in the field of computer science, with experience in HW, SW, data structures, algorithms and software design.
* Experience with key concepts in computer architecture.
* Experience with Linux system programming.
* Experience with Linux kernel development and device drivers.
* Experience with IoT solutions architecture
* Experience in one or more of following: embedded systems, chipset bring-up, multimedia, browser, camera algorithm/image quality, ISP (3A and image restoration/enhancement algorithms) development or video encoding/decoding.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you're ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.