Partners Data Systems
Job ID R1901481 Date posted Jan. 30, 2019
Senior Cloud Security Analyst, VMware
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers.
Job Role and Responsibilities
The VMware Information Security Operations team is responsible for detecting and responding to cyber threats targeting VMware systems, applications, infrastructure, information, and users. The Cloud Security Analyst is a highly technical role responsible for threat modeling and use case development on public cloud infrastructure providers including Amazon Web Services, Google Public Cloud, and Microsoft Azure, as well as SaaS services consumed by VMware.
Core job duties:
* Planning and execution of tabletop exercises and live fire exercises in cloud service provider environments
* Planning and execution of threat modeling exercises in public cloud environments.
* Development, documentation, and communication of security monitoring and response use cases, processes, and best practices in public cloud environments
* Engagement with business units for alert development tuning on cloud service environments.
* Automation of tasks in cloud service environments for security analytics and response through available Cloud Service Provider APIs.
* Thorough and accurate reporting of project statuses and timelines.
* Participating in evaluation, implementation, and troubleshooting of security tools for the Security Operations Center (SOC) team.
* Alignment of alerting to key attacker techniques, tactics, and procedures.
* Eight years of experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) supporting public cloud environments.
* Strong understanding of Security Operations Center (SOC) and Incident Response practices and methodologies.
* Experience with security analysis on cloud services.
* Expert technical knowledge of public cloud service provider environments and security capabilities.
* Understanding of system hardening techniques and practices in Cloud IaaS environments
* Experience performing security monitoring and response capabilities on cloud services (IaaS/SaaS).
* Experience using SIEM and Security Orchestration products.
* Strong analytical skills and ability to identify advanced threats.
* Scripting skills such as Python, Perl, RegEx.
* Strong knowledge of Agile and Scrum Methodologies
* Ability to interact effectively at all levels of an organization, across diverse cultural and linguistic barriers, and as part of a geographically distributed team.
* Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables.
* Availability outside working hours for high priority events.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
* Security certifications such as CCSP, CCSK, AWS Security - Specialty.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.