Cengage Learning Emea
Do you dare to reinvent the future of education?
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of technology to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals.
Are we right for you?
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We're curious and comfortable with change, and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, we put learning first in everything we do!
What You'll Do Here:
The Associate Content Quality Assurance Engineer will help to ensure that Cengage is delivering the highest-quality, most accurate web content o our users online. You'll rely on company-defined editorial standards, templates, visual designs, accessibility compliance standards, and web industry standard methodologies to visually inspect web pages for adherence to those pre-defined standards, flagging and fixing any defects identified.
* Conduct visual inspections of content or content delivery elements (assessments, simulations or narrative) to confirm proper layout, design, content, translations, rich content features & interactions across different screen sizes (phone, tablet and desktop).
* Validate content correctness against source documents and manuscripts
* Perform functional testing of page elements - specifically: links, accessibility compliance and visual design transitions.
* Identify patterns in content errors, perform root cause analysis of problems with web page templates, copy and configurations.
* Apply formatting specs & design styles as directed, to correct content errors.
* Build & execute test cases for both content specific and End 2 End functionality.
Skills You Will Need Here: Technical Qualifications:
* Knowledge of common desktop and mobile browser technologies.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Access).
* Understanding of software and content development life cycles.
* Understanding of testing fundamentals; source document control; bug tracking.
* Highly organized, with keen attention to details.
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment with often shifting priorities.
* Strong ability to multi-task (juggling lots of requests).
* Technical aptitude (ability to quickly learn new systems or software applications).
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
* Self starter, self-motivated, driven individual.
* Ability to work on a cross-functional team of internal and external resources located onshore and offshore.
Education and Experience Requirements
* Software development experience, preferably with a web-based, Software-as-a-Service application.
* BA/BS degree required; degree in computer science or similar would be a plus.
* Background / knowledge in any of the following academic disciplines:
* Social Work
* Criminal Justice
* Political Science
About Cengage Learning Emea
Cengage Learning is a company providing higher education textbooks, ebooks, and digital solutions.