This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of Raytheon's premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit.
Located in Arlington, VA, our Information Exploitation group is seeking a Staff Scientist with software research interests. Our world-class team works with a broad range of Government agencies to solve problems that are both technically challenging and have a real operational impact. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in Java development with some experience or interest in machine reasoning, semantic web technologies, data analytics, or artificial intelligence technologies.
Our research work applies the above technologies to build both prototype and real operational systems. You will be working on challenging problems including:
* Producing sophisticated software in a fast-paced agile environment;
* Developing mission-critical applications for deployment into global enterprise operations;
* Optimizing software for knowledge representation, storage, and query systems for high performance.
* Designing novel machine reasoning and learning algorithms and solutions to complex, open-ended intelligence problems.
Required Education and Experience:
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent discipline and 2 years of experience; or MS in Computer Science or equivalent discipline and 0 years of experience.
* Proficiency in Java and the Java-based development ecosystem.
* US citizenship and a willingness to apply for US Government security clearance is required.
Desired Skills and Education:
* Advanced degree preferred.
* Experience with Web application development.
* Familiarity with modern software configuration management tools such as Docker, Gradle, Ivy, etc.
* Current US Government security clearance is desired.
125746BR 125746 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Research & Development
Type Of Job
Engineering & Sciences
MN - St. Louis Park
VA - Rosslyn
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.