Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment; including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM) is seeking a Junior Systems Administrator to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
* Providing technical and system administration support through troubleshooting, identifying and isolating issues, conducting root cause analysis, and implementing appropriate solutions to software and system anomalies as they occur
* Responding to application-related issues, resolving on-the-spot problems (when possible), replicating the issue for internal analysis/diagnosis, and preparing technical documentation accurately depicting the problem and/or solution for feedback to developer/vendor
* Working alone on individual projects while being involved in larger projects as a team effort
* Supporting the development of new capabilities
* Supporting the operations and maintenance aspects of deployed capabilities
* Supporting the development of system security documentation on both new and previously deployed capabilities
* Managing the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
* Helping to maintain the integrity and security of IT systems
* Adhering to policies and standards related to the use of computing resources
* Interacting with users including providing advice and training as needed
* Maintaining current knowledge of relevant technologies
* Participating in special projects as requested.
* Must be a US Citizen
* Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
* Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
* Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in systems administration and support
* Experience with Linux and/or Windows operating systems including knowledge of related hardware and software
* Must be able to manage the functionality and efficiency of a virtual/physical desktop pool by proactively and reactively responding to centrally managed trouble and incident tickets
* Ability to develop and maintains system/security documentation
* Ability to interact with users to include software installs and hardware/software troubleshooting
* Must be able to maintain knowledge of current system design to connect, configure, and/or enable information systems, devices, or components as assigned
* Have the ability to assist team members by providing input, either written or verbal, to program deliverables including trade studies, white-papers, vendor presentations, and hardware and software requirements
* Be able to provide support for maintenance and change requests for all user-facing devices and systems.
* Experience working in an agile development environment
* Professional certification in one or more technologies that are applicable to systems administration
* Experience supporting Intelligence, DoD, or DHS customers
* Experience with process development and deployment
Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
* DoD 8570.1 IAT Level I
135345 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.