This position supports Raytheon's DOMino contract, a single-award IDIQ worth over $1 billion. This contract delivers full lifecycle development and sustainment for the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) National Cybersecurity Protection System (NCPS). The NCPS assists more than 100 federal civilian government agencies with the protection of their networks against advanced cyber threats. Under this contract, Raytheon will support the government in the design, development, operations and maintenance services for the NCPS. Raytheon will build the mission critical cybersecurity solutions that will enable the timely dissemination of threat warnings and improve information sharing across DHS's stakeholder community.
The Senior Linux Engineer applies expert knowledge in Linux/Unix environments for infrastructure support to an advanced NCPS environment. Works with a team of highly skilled administrators to provide senior level administrative functions for a primarily RHEL environment. Mentor junior system administrators and recommend design changes to improve the system operability.
* Must have an active Secret Clearance and be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance with SCI access. Must be able to obtain DHS program suitability prior to starting employment.
* Experience with system administration in Red Hat version 6 or 7(rhel6/rhel7) with the ability to engineer, install, administer and maintain complex system architectures.
* Extensive knowledge and experience in centralized patch management using Red Hat Solutions.
* Extensive knowledge in containerized environments.
* Proficiency with configuration management using Ansible or Puppet.
* Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.).
* Knowledge and understanding of operating systems, networks and services.
* Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
* Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills.
* Good communication skills including preparing and presenting results, findings and alternatives and influencing management decision making based on the best available data.
Desired knowledge and experience:
* IDM/Free IPA
* Satellite Server
Training/certifications in any of the following strongly desired:
* Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
* Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Required Education (including Major):
* Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience.
* Master's degree in a related discipline may be substituted for two (2) years of experience.
* Professional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 134618 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.