Raytheon Pasadena is looking for a Software Development Engineer to support exciting projects with NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL).
This position requires travel to customer sites on a periodic basis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Develop data processing software for a special studies ground team to implement in a U.S. Government enterprise architecture
* Responsible for all stages of the software product life cycle - planning, analyzing, coding, designing, integrating, testing, deploying and providing support for production
* Define software use-cases, requirements and interfaces
* Interact with data scientists to convert prototype algorithms into automated, robust data processing software
The position requires an active U.S. TS/SCI security clearance
Education / Work Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with a minimum of 6 years of software engineering or related experience
* Experience developing with one or more of the following technologies (Python, C/C++)
* Software development experience in team environment using software configuration management software
* Ability to establish and follow an enterprise framework for all phases of software development: requirements, design, development, testing, and delivery
* Advanced degrees and certifications
* Familiar with JPL, NASA, or DoD practices and standards
* Knowledgeable of software languages (MATLAB, XML, JSON, Java, CUDA, Markup)
* Understands data file formats and image processing software and tools
* Experienced with software support tools for version control, issue tracking, collaboration, automation, containerization, document generation (JIRA, GIT, Artifactory, Confluence, Jenkins, Docker, Sphinx)
* Knowledgeable of Cloud Solutions (Amazon Web Services (AWS))
* Familiar with software code analyzers/audit tools (Coverity, Semmle)
* Experienced with utilizing mathematical models and algorithms related to image chain processing
* Ability and willingness to learn new software skills as needed to perform project tasks
* Ability to work in a complex multi-task, schedule-driven environment
* Ability and initiative to perform effectively with minimal day-to-day oversight
* The position is located in Pasadena, CA.
This position requires a U.S. Citizen who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 134953BR 134953 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Type Of Job
CA - Pasadena
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.