AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you'll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
About the Role
Our platform handles millions of requests and manages rich metadata and graph models in a scalable and and highly available service oriented platform. It is the source of application metadata for performance monitoring and troubleshooting, policy evaluation, workflow automation, data visualization, correlation and slice & dice data analysis.
The engineers in this team have a passion for solving complex problems, designing object data models to represent complex application data, and building infinitely scalable and highly available platforms. They understand the importance of data collected from every application and component in a software defined business environment - web, mobile, server, infrastructure, hardware, in enabling the most advanced and effective business and IT decision making.
You are the kind of engineer that likes developing distributed platforms and services that scale to handle billions of requests. You have a passion for service oriented platforms, rich metadata and graph models, scalability, availability and performance. You also have,
* 7+ years of experience developing highly scalable distributed platforms and micro services
* Proficiency in a programming language such as Java, Scala, strong foundation in data structures, algorithms
* Experience with authentication and authorization with and between services and users, and standards such as OAuth, JWT, and SAML
* Deep understanding of how distributed resilient software is built and deployed.
* Experience with developing scalable platforms with relational databases like MySQL
It is a huge plus if you have:
* Experience with infrastructure and systems engineering, and scaling services on cloud computing platforms like AWS
* Experience shipping multi-tenant platforms for both SaaS and on-premise deployments
* Experience with deployment, configuration, and automation tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, and container technologies like Docker
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
* Medical, dental, vision coverage.
* 401k match (4.5%)
* Wellness perks (hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance).
* 4 weeks paid time off (PTO), 5 days volunteer time off (VTO), 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday).
* Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years.
* Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages.
* Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits.
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.
AppDynamics develops application performance management solutions that deliver problem resolution for highly distributed applications.