AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you'll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
About the Team
End User Monitoring (EUM) product measures user experience from real users by capturing performance data on end user devices like Browsers, Mobile Devices, IoT Devices et al. Another aspect of EUM is Synthetic User Monitoring (SUM) where we allow customers to test scripted flows against their websites from browsers deployed around the world.
The team manages below EUM agents used by customers to instrument their end user applications.
* Synthetic User Agents
* Mobile Agents (iOS, Android, Xamarin, Cordova, React Native)
* IoT SDK (C/C++, Java) and public REST API
The Browser, Mobile and IoT agents capture network calls, end user experience metrics, errors and key stats like device info, geo, OS etc. The synthetic agents include a mechanism to pull synthetic session requests, drive Selenium scripts run against browsers instrumented to capture metrics as well as screenshots.
The team also manages the multi-tenant EUM Services (scalable data processor-think stream processing -and data analytics), built on Amazon Web Services components to process all the data captured by agents at huge scale and provide real time insights into customer applications.
The company is working on an AIOps platform to automate recommendation of actionable insights based on ML.
Some of your primary responsibilities include:
* Design, develop, and optimize performance monitoring features for AppDynamics mobile agents/SDKs
* Drive innovative end-to-end features (agent, cloud, ui/ux) to provide real time visibility, root cause analysis, anomaly detection, and user analytics for end user mobile applications
* You will work with iOS and cloud backend engineers all on the same team, with a large amount of ownership and responsibility for managing things directly
First and foremost, you have a CS / EE degree or relevant industry experience with a passion to solve customer problems by building better products and services.
* 2+ years of product development experience with ownership on products/services you built and demonstrated innovation.
* Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, and operating systems
* Experience building applications in one of the mobile frameworks (android including NDK, cordova xamarin, reactnative)
* Experience in multi-threading and concurrent programming
* Extensive knowledge of Android design principles and third-party libraries
* Prior experience building RESTful API's focusing on integration with back-end services
What you can learn:
* Various mobile application platforms
* Cloud computing and Distributed systems
* Machine learning and data analytics
Attitude and Work Style:
* You enjoy the challenge of difficult, broad, and technically deep tasks in distributed computing.
* You love working collaboratively with your team, and equally love owning and driving your own tasks and projects.
* Passionate about producing the best quality software and sharing your enthusiasm
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
* Medical, dental, vision coverage
* 401k match (4.5%)
* Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
* 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
* Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
* Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
* Brand new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
* Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.
AppDynamics develops application performance management solutions that deliver problem resolution for highly distributed applications.