Are you a hardworking and experienced Information Technology professional looking to become part of an exciting team? Do you love solving problems and working independently? We are currently looking for a highly motivated and dynamic person to join our team to be a key contributor in our IT Organization driving our design, development and test support strategy for new software projects as well as being responsible for general maintenance and troubleshooting activities for our IT/Data Engineering and Software Development projects.. If this sounds like you, keep reading.
In this position, you will play a role in helping embrace new technologies, and developing new platforms. You will have strong relational skills and be able to effectively communicate technical and non-technical ideas, written and verbal, to individuals and large groups.
What you'll do:
* You will perform standard software development tasks associated with the design and development of new applications or maintenance of existing applications using Microsoft .NET and using C# as the primary development language which may include analysis, design, prototyping, coding, testing, training, and documentation.
* You will perform database design as well as modifications necessary to correct database defects
* You will test and validate functionality within and between applications, including integration, performance, and/or systems testing
* You will provide maintenance support on production applications. Maintain availability for after-hours production support on an as-needed basis
* You'll participate in application documentation, training and deployment efforts as well as participate in selection of tools, technology platforms & technical evaluation of 3rd party vendor products
* Provide recommendations for improving processes and procedures, and may function as an escalation point and/or training resource for less expert programmers
* Ensure applications meet design specifications, enforce to standard coding practices and function per the requirements specification
* Communicate with project manager, technical team lead, team members and business groups on issues and the status of work planned and completed
* Provide mentorship to others by reviewing work and providing recommendations for design, coding or testing approach, which could include conducting or participating in code walkthroughs or other methods to ensure code quality
* Function as a technical lead for large applications
What we're looking for:
* Someone who is comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations. Keen attention to detail and complex problem solving abilities from an operational and technical perspective and ability to work independently and engage manager as needed.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
* Firm grasp of application development methodologies and object oriented principles.
* Have the ability to manage changes to requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
* Have the ability to participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents.
* Have strong leadership, project management, time management and problem solving skills.
* Be able to work and communicate with both technical and non-technical business owners to get things done.
* Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent certification or experience.
* 8+ years of application development and integration experience using .NET technologies (C#.NET, ASP.NET MVC, WCF, Web API).
* Experience with SQL Server 2012/2016 including TSQL and stored procedures.
* Experience with unit testing and test driven development.
* AWS experience is a plus
* NoSQL experience is a plus
* Cable billing system knowledge a big plus.
* We provide bi-weekly pay checks, health benefits, 401K, paid vacation and much more.
* We provide ample opportunity for growth within the organization.
We would love for you to apply if you're a believer in our Core Values: Respect, Integrity, Spirit of Service and Accountability. What are you waiting for? You can apply today and we can begin our journey together.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and physical demands of the job.
WOW is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employer
WideOpenWest (WOW!) is one of the nation’s broadband providers, serving residential, business and wholesale customers.