The Product Integration Engineer will to drive design, testing, and troubleshooting standards for systems and software applications used to support, integrate, or improve network-based products and services that our customers consume. This role will build and curates applications that our consumers use along with systems and applications used to test, validate, and deliver these services. This role is responsible for communicating technical and non-technical concepts to a wide variety of groups within the organization to drive forward the adoption of a continuous integration workflow.
What you will be doing:
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
* Utilize knowledge of agile methodology and SCRUM to lead the backlog and deliver on dedications.
* Translate and document the requirements of business partners and engineering organizations into a deliverable set of functional requirements through detailed user stories.
* You'll utilize CICD and DevOps standard methodologies to craft, test, and validate deployment scripts or development branches used to publish or deploy functionality to customers.
* Designs and tests complex software systems integration functions related to the design and delivery of products and services.
* Build, test, validate, and publish IOS android, and virtual voice applications in support of network cloud, or unified communications-based services.
* You will mentor junior level engineers on SDLC, software systems coding standard methodologies, SCRUM methodology and reviews work and provides feedback
* Provides critical issue support related to the testing, validation, or deployment of software products into the organization.
* Utilize open source and off the shelf systems to facilitate the automated configuration and delivery of services over a variety of systems and CPE.
* Partners with team of consume data and curate tools from information found in our service provider platforms. This includes but isn't limited to database design and functionality, consuming Syslog and SNMP streams, displaying system data in web pages and related activities.
* Design, document, and curate automated testing and deployment systems and processes used in the delivery of network-based products and services.
* Design, document and facilitate the testing of system API's in the development lab.
* Partners with team to build robust reports and dashboards utilizing various database technologies and data visualization platforms.
* Makes recommendations to architecture, product management, and leadership on how to utilize new technologies.
What We're Looking For: Education:
* BS or BA from an accredited college or university or appropriate combination of education and experience.
* 3 or more technical certifications or certificates relating to software development or systems administration
* 8-10 years of dynamic experience in software development and/or systems administration functions
* Cloud ecosystem experience with VMWare, Kubernetes, OpenStack or similar
* Familiarity with open source frameworks such as LAMP, and SMACK
* Familiarity with software development lifecycles, repositories, and continuous integration and deployment processes (CICD, GIT, Cron, Jenkins)
* Demonstrates knowledge with SOAP/XML, REST, and JSON frameworks and API's
* Knowledge in automated testing technologies for software applications and/or networks.
* Demonstrates knowledge in automation and technology management solutions such as Ansible, Puppet, TACACS+/Rancid, TR069, etc.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the OSI model
* A high level of transparency, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrates situational flexibility with changes to project requirements, and work situations.
WOW is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Religion/Gender Identity employer
WideOpenWest (WOW!) is one of the nation’s broadband providers, serving residential, business and wholesale customers.