You will provide architecture, design, development and test support for new software projects as well as responsibility for general maintenance and troubleshooting activities for solutions implemented in the production environment. The position will play a leadership role in helping embrace new technologies, and develop new platform built on various technologies including but not limited to a variety of AWS Cloud Services, Node.js, MS.Net, MSSQL, Oracle and other Open Source RDMS such as Postgres, Aurora or MySQL up in the cloud. This role entails working with a dedicated team of developers, along with both internal partners (Scrum masters, Architects, Agile members) and external partners or vendors. You will have hands on involvement in design, development and testing of new software projects in an Agile and DevOps model, as well as responsibility around Continuous Improvements for Application Development production systems and interfaces. You will have strong relational skills and be able to effectively communicate technical and non-technical ideas, written and verbal, to individuals and large groups.
What you'll do:
* Help define and articulate the platform architecture required to support business initiatives and product strategy.
* Help define enterprise wide technology standards to promote creation of flexible customer oriented solutions and help technical teams evolve solutions towards enterprise standards.
* Evaluate new technologies from simple research through setting up and running an effective proof-of-concept, to determine if and when they should be incorporated into the business.
* Work with Enterprise Architects in defining the product vision.
* Establish realistic timeline estimates while ensuring projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
* Help developers resolve technical problems as well as work with department heads to solve business related issues.
* Perform standard software development tasks associated with the design and development of new applications or maintenance of existing applications using Microsoft .NET Core, .NET and C# as well as new implementations of AWS Cloud.
* Perform system database design as well as modifications necessary to correct database defects.
* Builds automated test (ie. Unit, Integration, Performance, Load, among others) and performs validation of functionality within and between applications.
* Participate in application documentation (ie. Specifications, Design, Diagrams, Catalog, among others) to easily disseminate knowledge and support purposes.
* Communicate with department management, Scrum masters, team members and business groups on issues and the status of work planned and completed.
* Participate in selection of tools, technology platforms & technical evaluation of 3rd party vendor products.
* Provide recommendations for improving processes and procedures, and may function as an escalation point and/or training resource for the other developers.
* Ensure applications meet design specifications, adhere to standard coding practices and function per the requirements specification.
* Provide mentorship to others by reviewing work and providing recommendations for design, coding or testing approach, which could include conducting or participating in code walkthroughs or other methods to ensure code quality.
* Maintain availability for after-hours production support on an as-needed basis.
* May manage development resources or act in a team lead capacity and execute on multiple projects simultaneously with distributed teams.
What we're looking for:
* Proven leadership and architecture experience building and managing highly available, critical and transactional data environments, systems architectures and technologies.
* Demonstrable experience building and managing highly available, critical systems and services.
* 10 years of experience working through design, development, release, support and improvements cycle.
* Will be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations. Keen attention to detail and complex problem solving abilities from an operational and technical perspective. Ability to work independently and engage manager as needed.
* Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills.
* Firm grasp of application development methodologies and object oriented principles.
* Will be able to handle changes to requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
* Ability to participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents.
* Strong leadership, project management, time management and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done.
* Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
* Will have great interpersonal skills.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent certification or experience.
* 12+ years of application development and integration experience using .NET technologies (Rest API, WCF, Web Services, C#.NET, ASP.NET).
* Experience with Microsoft .NET Framework (4.x), .NET Core and Visual Studio 2015.
* Proficiency with Unit Testing, Test Driven Development and Continuous Delivery
* Experience with RDBMS like SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres.
* Experience with Cloud Solutions and Services Development (Preferred AWS)
* HSD/Telecom/Cable industry knowledge a plus.
* some travel may be required
* We provide health benefits, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and much more.
* We provide ample opportunity for growth within the organization.
We would love for you to apply if you're a believer in our Core Values: Respect, Integrity, Spirit of Service and Accountability. What are you waiting for? You can apply today and we can begin our journey together.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and physical demands of the job.
WOW is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Religion/Gender Identity employer
WideOpenWest (WOW!) is one of the nation’s broadband providers, serving residential, business and wholesale customers.