Today, our software plugs into the existing real estate market via broker-quality data feeds and a network of local real estate agents. We have a web/app feed that helps users house hunt, back-of-house software that helps agents manage transactions, and custom support tools that allow our small team to assist thousands of active buyers through the process. We take a pragmatic, piecemeal approach to crafting software with heavy emphasis on testing, measurement, and iteration.
We're looking for a front-end engineer to implement front-end functionality on www.opendoor.com. You'll work closely with our world-class design and UX team to build and iterate beautiful user experiences. We like quick feedback-cycles between engineering, design, and our users - ship early, but iterate. You should like thinking about interactions, animation and visual polish.
Our stack is Rails, React.js, React Native, and MongoDB, with a heavy peppering of AWS goodies. The only tool we're dogmatic about is simplicity.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Make user-facing products that will be useful to our customers
* Build web and mobile apps from scratch, as well as develop existing applications
* Guide the team in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs
* Design and implement user-facing products
* Apply deep understanding of web technologies to reason about engineering / design tradeoffs
* Become a domain expert in real estate
We're looking for teammates who have:
* B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 2+ years of industry experience
* Mastery of React.js
* Experience being saved from shipping a bug by good automated tests
* A portfolio of websites/apps that you've worked on and feel proud of
* A bias for building your way out of a problem
* Optimism about future technology and automation
* Good references from past colleagues
* You love delighting customers with honest, transparent products and experiences
* Domain knowledge and/or interest in real estate
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
* Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependent
* Flexible vacation policy
* Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
* Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
* Generous parental leave
* Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Opendoor is an online home-selling service aimed at streamlining the sales process down.