Today, our software plugs into the existing real estate market via broker-quality data feeds and a network of local real estate agents. We have a web/app feed that helps users house hunt, back-of-house software that helps agents manage transactions, and custom support tools that allow our small team to assist thousands of active buyers through the process. We take a pragmatic, piecemeal approach to crafting software with heavy emphasis on testing, measurement, and iteration.
We're seeking an Engineering Manager who will lead, manage and inspire engineering teams to build the future of the real-estate industry. You will work closely with your team, product managers, designers and other engineering teams to bring our products to life.
* We are looking for an Engineering Manager who will lead, manage, and inspire engineers to ship software that solves customer problems. As a hands-on leader with a bias towards action, you'll help them iterate faster and improve their craft.
* Working closely with product and design, you'll help engineers gain business context, improve prioritization skills, and advance their careers. You'll help us continue developing an engaged, product-focused, positive engineering culture.
* At Opendoor, teams have clear mandates, autonomy and resources to achieve their goals. We subscribe to the Agile Manifesto: as an Engineering Manager you will play an important role in uncovering better ways of developing software by doing it and helping others do it.
We're looking for teammates who bring:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
* 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience, with 2+ as hands-on technical manager
* Passion for managing outstanding engineers in a fast-paced environment
* Strong coding skills and experience with architectural patterns of large applications
* A bias towards action and an iterative approach to problem solving
* Experience shipping iOS and Android mobile apps and mobile development, including integration testing, release management, A/B testing and feature flags
* Proven track record of leading productive engineering teams and shipping
* Experience actively coaching and mentoring team members in their careers
* Instituted consistent cultural choices that positively impact all of engineering
* A high level of organization and the the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
* Proven track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
* Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependent
* Flexible vacation policy
* Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
* Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
* Generous parental leave
* Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Opendoor is an online home-selling service aimed at streamlining the sales process down.