We're seeking an Engineering Manager who will lead, manage and inspire engineering teams to build the future of the real-estate industry. You will work closely with your team, product managers, designers and other engineering teams to bring our products to life.
On Data, we are looking for an Engineering Manager who can grow and scale our Data Engineering systems that power our automated pricing, inventory management and recommendation algorithms. You will mentor and lead teams of Data Engineers to develop and productionize sophisticated data pipelines, while getting first hand experience scaling a complex business and growing an organization.
At Opendoor, teams have clear mandates, autonomy and resources to achieve their goals. We subscribe to the Agile Manifesto: as an Engineering Manager you will play an important role in uncovering better ways of developing software by doing it and helping others do it.
We are looking for teammates who have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
* 5+ years of relevant engineering work experience, with 1+ as hands-on technical manager or tech lead
* Passion for managing outstanding engineers in a fast-paced environment
* Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large applications
* Proven track record of leading productive engineering teams and shipping
* Experience actively coaching and mentoring team members in their careers
* Proven track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
* Active involvement in setting product strategy
* Experience independently starting self-sustaining teams
* Instituted consistent cultural choices that positively impact all of engineering
* A high level of organization and the the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
* Deep understanding of data processing technologies such as Spark and Hadoop, and how they are used to train ML models, improve data quality, and support analysis
* Familiarity with ETL scheduling technologies such as Airflow or Luigi and/or experience building robust production grade data pipelines
* Experience in shipping data products such as search, ads ranking, pricing, experimentation frameworks, and fraud detection
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
* Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependent
* Flexible vacation policy
* Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
* Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
* Generous parental leave
* Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Opendoor is an online home-selling service aimed at streamlining the sales process down.