We're seeking an exceptional Data Scientist to join us to work on our core products such as our seller and buyer experiences, internal tools, and pricing algorithms. You will drive data-informed decisions for the business and guide our product direction with your insights.
Day to day you will understand business impact, product decisions, use a combination of statistical modeling and business intuition to uncover insights from our data, and build processes to generate robust metrics for teams to track to.
As a Data Scientist you will:
* Partner with product, engineering, operations and finance teams to find opportunities, make smart trade-offs, and understand customer impact of new features
* Use data to inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions
* Craft statistical models to gain insights from data and communicate results to partners
* Build pipelines to automate generation of metrics to guide the business
* Become a domain expert in real-estate
We're looking for teammates who bring:
* 3+ years of relevant work experience
* Comfort and experience building complex SQL queries
* Deep understanding of statistics(e.g. hypothesis testing and regressions)
* Familiarity with ETL design and analytics workloads, preferably experience in building maintainable pipelines
* Highly self-motivated with the desire to solve open-ended problems
* Resourcefulness, pragmatism, and ability to drive business impact
* Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* You have experience in experimental design and interpretation
* You love delighting customers with honest transparent products and experiences
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
* Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependent
* Flexible vacation policy
* Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
* Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
* Generous parental leave
* Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Opendoor is an online home-selling service aimed at streamlining the sales process down.