Today, our software plugs into the existing real estate market via broker-quality data feeds and a network of local real estate agents. We have a web/app feed that helps users house hunt, back-of-house software that helps agents manage transactions, and custom support tools that allow our small team to assist thousands of active buyers through the process. We take a pragmatic, piecemeal approach to crafting software with heavy emphasis on testing, measurement, and iteration.
As a mobile developer, you'll work on the Opendoor app, written in React Native and live today on iTunes and Google Play. Specifically, you'll work on initiatives to add new functionality to our app, improve usability, and improve testing. Our strategy includes building native functionality, so experience with native iOS and Android development is a plus.
We're looking for teammates who have:
* B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of industry experience
* Minimum of 1 year working with React Native
* Experience building a well-designed app
* Ability to choose a test-driven approach and write code in a way that lends itself to testing
* A bias for building your way out of a problem
* Optimism about future technology and automation
* Good references from past colleagues
* You love delighting customers with honest, transparent products and experiences
* Domain knowledge and/or interest in real estate
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
* Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependent
* Flexible vacation policy
* Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
* Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
* Generous parental leave
* Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Opendoor is an online home-selling service aimed at streamlining the sales process down.