Forecasting at Opendoor
As we buy and sell thousands of homes per month, our team provides the infrastructure to understand the expected costs and revenue, from a per-home level all the way up to the company as a whole. We feed this into forecasts that drive how we set our fees and make decisions as a business. The output of our team directly affects the financial performance of the business, and also directly affects our ability to predict this performance. This makes our accuracy vital to consistently and repeatably hitting our goals.
We need to build a variety of data sources and models, and then combine them consistently across a variety of scenarios to solve these challenges. Building maintainable and highly correct systems for this task is hard, because modeling the real world is complex. However, when we are successful, we provide a principled way to automate and predict our business at scale.
As an engineer working on forecasting, you will:
* Drive how we build out our end-to-end forecasting platform to accurately and consistently serve a broad set of use-cases.
* Improve the feedback loop for how our systems set the fee on thousands of offers each day, ensuring they are both fair and cost-effective.
* Launch brand new forecasting products, including scenario analysis and automated pricing decisions
* Work closely with data science and finance partners to accurately model our business.
* Build primarily services and data pipelines, but also occasional frontends to surface our data products.
* Mentor other engineers and lead the team to deliver high quality products.
You could be a great fit if you have:
* A consistent track record in building and delivering production quality software.
* Experience designing data-intensive systems. Our team works on both services and pipelines, but in either case financial data is at the core of what we do.
* Experience in technologies related to our work, e.g. Python, Spark, Pandas, and SQL.
* Data science, analytics, or financial system experience (optional).
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
* Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependent
* Flexible vacation policy
* Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
* Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
* Generous parental leave
* Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Opendoor is an online home-selling service aimed at streamlining the sales process down.