The Substrate Search Service Team in AIR (Artificial intelligence and Research Group) is looking for software developers. Are you interested in working on a product that ships new features every week? Would you like to design and develop new components that solve complex distributed systems and search optimization problems? If the answer to these questions is yes, then Substrate Search Service team would like to hear from you! We write software from the ground-up, running across thousands of servers. We are currently building a new system for searching data in an enterprise. The goal of the system is to efficiently search all entity types such as emails, calendar items, contacts, documents and so on with latency in milliseconds. To design the new system, we are applying a combination of approaches from the fields of API design, Machine Learning, Distributed Computing, Workflow engines, Algorithm Optimization, and many more. Come to define, design and deliver the next state of enterprise search system.
* Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills.
* 4+ years of experience in distributed systems and agile development environment
* Excellent communications and cross-group collaboration skills which facilitate interactions across
* 4+ years of C++/C#/Java software engineering and product development experience
* A BS in Computer Science or related engineering field. MS degree preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design and develop search and platform features
* Operate and manage live site for substrate search service
* Collaborate with the team on building a highly scalable and high performance search stack
* Collaborate with customers and partners to understand user requirements and design features to enable rich search experiences
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.