Corporate Functions Engineering (CFE) is looking for a Software Engineers to join our team. Our team builds line of business applications and services for Microsoft internal users. Some of our services are well established and some are in the planning stages of major modernizations. Our software allows Microsoft to manage our statutory financial compliance responsibilities and provides insights and solutions that enable greater efficiency and profitability for the company. These tools span a wide variety of technologies from AngularJS, React, C#, microservices, SQL, NoSQL and Databricks. All deployed and running in Azure, Microsoft's cloud. We expect all our systems to run with a DevOps model and we prioritize investments around all forms of automation and telemetry to deliver the best possible services.
We have a range of positions available and are interested in all types of developers and a wide range of experience levels. CFE provides career growth opportunities, a rewarding and flexible work environment so you can better integrate professional and personal life. Microsoft CFE employees make global impact on thousands of customers and thousands of employees who use Microsoft software and services.
About working at Microsoft:
Working in CFE at Microsoft offers many of the benefits of both working for a large company and a small start-up.
* Our CFE teams are small and agile with every team member having the opportunity to learn and contribute broadly across their whole application or service. Our senior team members and leaders are accessible, hands-on with our teams, and can partner with other Microsoft product engineering teams focused on Microsoft Azure machine learning, data & analytics, enterprise cloud services, and more.
* On the other hand, as a large company, working at Microsoft offers many career opportunities in locally and internationally. Employees may choose to grow personally as a software engineer in role or move through many different roles working on different products or in management, sales, or consulting. We also offer employees a wide range of training and professional development opportunities and have great employee volunteer and charitable giving programs.
What we are looking for:
Our teams are seeking software engineers to join us as we create and deliver mission critical business services and processes for Microsoft. You will have the opportunity to design and develop creative, compelling, and cutting-edge systems that support Microsoft's world-wide operations. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies as the earliest adopters while mentoring other team members.
* Must be able to write code: This position is for a Senior Software Engineer and must have a minimum requirement of four years of software engineering work experience. Applicants with more experience are also encouraged to apply. This is a software engineering role and successful applicants must have prior experience writing production code.
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
* Be able to translate problem solving techniques into code and have a testing mindset before beginning code development
Optional skills: (Preferred but not required)
* DevOps or Full Stack experience: experience with operating highly available infrastructure and building live production APIs, services, and frontend websites
* Experienced agile practitioner (certified scrum master, scrum developer or scrum professional)
* Experience driving and establishing Continuous Integration and Delivery practices.
* Database experience: Data Warehouse, reporting frameworks, relational or NoSQL database experience is helpful, as many of our applications reach back to SAP, Azure Data Lake, CosmoDB, or SQL Server
* Public Cloud solution experience: most solutions run in Azure and many utilize Service Bus, Service Fabric, or similar features. We are working on how Cortana AI, bots, and other emerging technologies can improve our tools and processes.
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Gain a working understanding of the Microsoft businesses your application or service supports and collaborate with business owners and product owners to deliver cohesive and exciting end-to-end user experiences.
* Design and develop distributed and large-scale software services and solutions
* Develop services and components that are well-defined, modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
* Improve test coverage for services, implement integration tests and resolve problem areas
* Adhere to and drive modern software engineering, Agile and DevOps practices; partner with other members of your engineering team to rotate the SCRUM master and on-call designated response roles among the team.
* Learn and stay educated on existing and emerging technologies and develop Proof of Concepts to evaluate technology fit for your service and customer needs
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.