Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? The Xbox Hardware team focuses on designing and building all Xbox hardware and Xbox accessories. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation Xbox and we need you!
* Do you have a BS/MS in electrical engineering, computer engineering, physics, or computer science?
* Do you have 3+ years of experience designing, implementing, and shipping products of medium to high complexity?
* Do you have excellent C/C++ design and coding skills?
* Do you have experience designing, implementing, debugging and/or testing complex embedded firmware?
* Do you have the ability to quickly ramp-up on complex and unfamiliar code?
* Do you have strong communication skills with the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms?
* Do you have a good understanding of computer architecture?
Are you willing to do some limited domestic or international travel?
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The Xbox Hardware Validation and System Engineering team is seeking a talented software development engineer with a strong systems and firmware background. Job responsibilities will encompass validating firmware for future and current Xbox consoles and accessories. You need to be a team player who works well in a collaborative environment with peers in other disciplines.
Key responsibilities include:
* Partner with hardware and firmware development teams to create validation strategies for Xbox console and accessory hardware and firmware.
* Identify and implement automation to validate Xbox console and accessory hardware and firmware.
* Perform low-level debugging and testing of Xbox console and accessory hardware and firmware.
* Contribute to the development of verification strategy, test design, and test infrastructure.
Participate actively in bug/issue triage with the feature teams and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.