Come shape the way people around the world engage with Microsoft's products and services.
Our goal is to drive growth in customer engagement and monetization across all Microsoft's consumer products and services. The system understands customers (via a central customer knowledge graph), knows where they are and how to reach them (integrated across surfaces), manages campaigns (booked and optimized by humans and machines) that make offers (get an app, use Edge) over the customer lifecycle, in order to drive growth. Using human and machine learning, the system strives to make the right offer, to the right customer, in the right place, at the right time.
As an Engineer in our team, you will deliver groundbreaking experiences across multiple surfaces for Microsoft (Windows, Office, Web, Xbox and Email). In this position, you will be expected to design, build, and ship features to enable and enhance these experiences. You will contribute to deliver new and improved functionality to customers and partners each sprint and be responsible to ensure that the design and implementation is of high quality, and you will collaborate with other engineers and program managers along the way.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or related quantitative field.
* 2+ years of software development experience in the industry
* Software development experience with C#/.NET Framework and knowledge in Python/Scala
* Web services experience and knowledge about WebAPI/RESTful services.
* Extensive experience with Big Data management systems like Cosmos, Spark or Hadoop.
* Good understanding of machine learning concepts and Applied AI techniques
* Solid grasp of object-oriented design and design patterns
* Strong fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, predictive modeling and big data concepts
Cloud screening verbiage for postings under requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design and develop web services and high-scale data platforms
* Participate in code reviews, design reviews and implement best practices.
* Code, Deploy and maintain production services leveraging Microsoft Azure technology stack.
* Be a self-motivated, bold thinker, innovator and builder of scalable systems end-to-end.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.