Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Welcome to Workday's Business Intelligence team! We are leading the way in building an interactive, fully integrated, analytics platform with high-performance in-memory processing engine. Workday BI runs in a cloud based multi-tenanted architecture that processes 12+ million report executions a day (growing 75%+ YOY). Development happens at a fast pace using agile methodologies on a single code line. In this role, you will work with a top-notch team to deliver quality enterprise-grade BI Platform.
As an SDET, you will have the opportunity to design and develop automated tests using innovative tools and frameworks. You will work closely with Development and Product Management to build and execute automated test scenarios against the Workday application. Automated testing is a crucial aspect of our SaaS model and Single code line and your contributions will directly impact the quality of the Workday product. The automated tests you develop will run as part of our continuous development environment, providing product quality feedback to Development and QA.
* Develop automation test scripts using Java, python and WATS, proprietary automation framework
* Build and maintain framework and inventory of automated test suite
* Primary point of contact for triaging automation failures and bring them to a resolution
* Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
* Design test reports, risk identification and defect analysis to communicate with project managers and stake holders
* Collect automation failure metrics, analyze root cause and recommend corrective measures
* Be a customer advocate and work closely with the team to ensure our testing strategy and environments resemble closely to customer use cases
* Develop expertise in our product solutions, and use that expertise and your experience to help design and qualify the solution as a whole
* Experience in testing full stack software either in UI, API or database layer
* MS in Computer Science or related field and 2 years relevant experience or BS in Computer Science or related field and 5 years relevant experience
* Working knowledge of test automation patterns, test techniques, preferably in a Software as a Service (SaaS) or consumer Internet experience industry
* Proven experience with delivering high quality software products within a full development lifecycle
* Fluency in object oriented language programming language
* Fluency in at least one scripting language (Bash, Python, etc.)
* Experience implementing unit testing frameworks, such as Junit
* Test Automation experience using one of the industry standard tools (QTP, Silk, Selenium)
* Experience defining and implementing test cases in conjunction with software development engineers
* Experience in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable: Report Writer, Application Analytics and Business Intelligence
* Experience in Continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) such as bamboo/teamcity/jenkins is highly deriable
* Experience in performance testing is a plus
Learn more about Workday:
Workday's Technology Platform and Development Process (whitepaper):
Workday Technology and Innovation Blog:
EVP of Development Explains Technology behind Workday's Innovative Applications (YouTube):
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.