Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
We are looking for a senior product manager to expand our data model platform. We plan to provide governed yet extensible data sources that can be either logical or materialized views. This role will build out the logical view capabilities and leverage Prism technology for materialized views. This layer will be a semantic layer that abstracts these two technologies and ETL away from the end user and create the needed data sources and pipelines out-of-the-box based on use case and data latency requirements.
You will be responsible for evolving this new area of Workday. You will also be integrating with existing Workday capabilities and other interfaces that will be developed in parallel by related teams. Having the ability to quickly learn and assess a product's capabilities are key to success in this role. As this role will have a user interface that is intended for use by business users, you must collaborate closely with designers and user researchers in order to build a great customer experience that prioritizes both functionality and usability. Understanding and advocating for user requirements in this capacity is key to providing rich end-to-end analytical capabilities.
As a senior product manager, your position will require you to foster a strong customer community. You must be strong in outbound activities, such as working directly with customers and application teams at Workday. You must have effective verbal and written communication.
* Used your data engineering experience to define and build a platform that enables us to deliver out-of-the-box data sources (data warehouse) for delivered analytical content and ad hoc analysis. You will partner with other product managers both inside the Analytics team and within our application teams to identify requirements and build models that meet our customer need.
* Identify, specify, and prioritize features and capabilities through direct input with customers, analysts, developers and architects and your knowledge of the domain.
* Lead the vision and roadmap for your area of the the Workday analytics platform, driving buy-in from key stakeholders.
* Act as the Product Owner in one or more scrum teams, setting the vision for the team, writing and prioritizing user stories, grooming the backlog, keeping the team focused, and communicating to stakeholders regularly.
* Be the product champion externally, and passionate voice of the customer internally.
* Program Management - juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, deliver results.
* 4-7 years experience as a product manager in enterprise software required.
* ETL experience and SQL knowledge are required.
* Prior experience as a Data Engineer preferred. Strong preference given to those that have functioned as a Data Engineer in the Finance or HR domain.
* Fast learner, detail oriented and must enjoy fast paced work environments.
* Excellent analytical, collaboration, verbal and written skills.
* Experience working with clients and participating in customer-facing situations.
* Experience with web technologies or SaaS required.
* BA / BS degree or equivalent.
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.