Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Job Description: Cloud Architect, Private Cloud (VMware)
Workday's Private Cloud (VMware) team supports an ever-growing environment that consists of over 10k virtual machines across 6 global data centers. Our team is composed of highly skilled systems and virtualization engineers spread across 2 major regions (Pacific coast US and Ireland). Our mission is to provide a highly scalable, robust and available enterprise cloud platform that enables Workday to provide quality solutions to our customers. We do this by continually improving and enhancing our platform while driving towards higher levels of availability and reliability.
The VMware Private Cloud Team is looking for a Cloud Architect to join our team to advise and guide the team on enhancing our on-premise and hybrid cloud offerings. We are looking for individuals who possess a deep passion for design and automation and who want to make a big impact. This individual will help us transform the business and provide a truly scalable, reliable and dynamic environment that will ensure continued success for Workday.
To be successful in this role you must have a proven track record of designing and building a multi-tenant platform capable of supporting tens of thousands of instances of mixed vms and containers. You must have experience with software defined networking and storage solutions. You must have broad visibility in current and upcoming trends and technologies in the cloud industry. Lastly, customers internal and external come first so you must be accustomed to driving projects from start to finish and delivering solutions and support to your customers.
* Lead the architecture and strategy for high priority initiatives on VMware and for the platform itself.
* Collaborate with engineers, leadership and other architects to bring a strategic technical vision into reality. Work closely with the Infrastructure Architecture and Build team.
* Drive focus for the team. Help establish a high level of team participation and interaction, serve as an inspiring mentor and coach, and ensure that quality is the highest priority at every stage.
* Engage, influence and collaborate with engineering and product management teams across Workday to bring solutions to real world problems.
* Provide strategic recommendations for Cloud design, infrastructure design, software development design/architecture, application frameworks, and/or interfaces relating to the VMware platform.
* Be a participant in on-call, carefully plan changes, generate and provide runbooks/documentation, and drive collaboration and teamwork.
* You will help ensure consistency and promote improvements leveraging automation frameworks
* With your knowledge and awareness of the new developments in the industry, you will help us to ensure the cloud is ready to meet our future requirements
* Be a mentor for all around you, and encourage innovation.
* 10+ years experience in both operations and the cloud industry who has been part of a high growth organization at scale
* Expert knowledge in VMware enterprise products
* Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, Openstack and AWS
* Knowledge of automation apps like Chef, Puppet, Ansible and Terraform.
* Knowledge in a scripting/programming language such as Python, Ruby, or Powershell
* Experience maintaining a 24x7 Internet-oriented VMware production environment
* Certified as a VMware Certified Professional or equivalent at a minimum. Ideal VCIX or higher.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or a related discipline
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.