About the Position
We are seeking a software engineer to create software development solutions for our mission critical services and solutions that support WatchGuard's firewall and security products. At WatchGuard, you will be a member of our agile development team where we are developing new products and solutions for our end users. We believe by leveraging new and emerging technologies we can enable business outcomes and improve performance. If you are looking for a challenge, like to solve problems, and can get stuff done, then we want to meet you.
* Design, develop, debug, and deliver successful software solutions that support WatchGuard's products
* Build maintainable software products individually as well as collaboratively
* Develop resilient applications and services that can withstand multiple failures
* Build things quickly while maintaining the high level of quality and reliability
* Collaborate with other engineers in system design, architectural and code reviews
* Partner with cross functional teams in IT Ops, Product, Sales, Technical Support, and QA
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
* Solid object-oriented programming skills with .NET platform: C#, ASP.NET, MVC, WCF
* MS SQL database design and development
* REST, XML, JSON, and/or web service experience a plus
* Agile methodologies, lean, and CI
* Team player who has strong technical, analytical, and problem solving skills
* AWS/Azure experience a plus
* Be innovative and always want to learn more
* 3+ years of proven software engineering experience
* BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline required
Why Work for WatchGuard?
At WatchGuard we create smart security, simply done. We're a leader in building cyber security hardware, wireless, and cloud solutions that protect small and midsize businesses, and distributed enterprises worldwide. Our award-winning network security solutions provide layered, enterprise-grade protection that is easy to deploy and manage. Whether you are an industry veteran, or at the beginning of your career, now is an amazing time to work in the security industry, and there's never been a better time to be at WatchGuard.
We love solving the industry's toughest challenges, and our innovation keeps our customers ahead of increasingly sophisticated hackers, which has fueled record revenues. We're heavily reinvesting in the company and driving rapid acceleration across all aspects of our business. As a result, our employee base has nearly doubled in the last three years, organically and through acquisition.
Our company culture places intense focus on our customers and employees. From the newest employee to our CEO, you'll find that each person at WatchGuard embodies our core values: accountability, passion for success, community building, and maintaining a customer focus in all things.
WatchGuard Technologies is privately backed by equity firms Vector Capital and Francisco Partners, and has headquarters in Seattle, Washington, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
WatchGuard participates in E-Verify.
About Watchguard Technologies
WatchGuard provides unified threat management solutions that combine firewall, virtual private networks and security services.